• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has the ASM 300 Craze Finally Cooled Off?

32 posts in this topic

Yeah I miss the Symbiote Craze... :cloud9: I sold my Raw 8.0 copy of ASM 252 for 110 bucks...

:censored:

Seriously, I have boxes of 80's ASM, and tons of 300.

I tell ya, the day I sell, the crash will have already happened the day before. :tonofbricks:

Yeah I miss the Symbiote Craze... :cloud9: I sold my Raw 8.0 copy of ASM 252 for 110 bucks...

:censored:

Seriously, I have boxes of 80's ASM, and tons of 300.

I tell ya, the day I sell, the crash will have already happened the day before. :tonofbricks:

Seriously I'm taking the 4 hour drive with my 9mm.

lol LOL lol

I picked up this AMS #29 at sdcc for 80% off sticker. :)

p1010061.jpg

That is a fine purchase! I'm pissed I heard there was an 80% off sale and didn't know what books or where? Thats one of the ones I need...*spoon*...*spoon*

Looks like a lot of auctions went for well under guide tonight. I didn't bother bidding on the early SA GL singles/lots I was interested in because I thought they would be run up at the last minute. doh!

The GL #8-25 run in avg 6.0 was a steal at $220 and the books pictured look better (unless there is a problem with the back cover!), and several of the other GLs listed went for close to half of guide. :(

Well, books like ASM #252 and 300, will gain steam again - classic issues of a classic character. It is summer time, and just after a movie, so it's only normal that they've cooled down. Wait until the fall and you'll see them start to rise again (not to the pre-movie hype, but higher than current prices).

I just bought a collection with 4 unread copies of #252 - I wish I had found it several months ago... *sigh*.

Well, I know it's a 7.5, but those were still selling for around $60-$75 easily only a month+ ago.

Anyone is free to do whatever they want with their money of course but paying that for a 7.5 is poor judgment. 2c

CGC 9.8 ASM 300's still go for a premium. I saw one sell for over $900 on ebay recently. However, CGC 9.6's have been going for around $250!! There was a recent sale of $10,000 for page 40 of the book and that might stir some more interest.

i remember when the splash page was for sale for 5 or 6K and had no takers hm

Yeah but the page that was sold this week for 10K was a lot nicer than the splash (which was basically MJ crying in a corner)

It featured Spidey battling Venom in the bell tower, maybe being a pivotal scene in the movie helped raise the price (shrug)