• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FINALLY Watching "300" !!!

31 posts in this topic

Great Movie! Any read the graphic novel? Is it worth a read?

Absolutely! I recommend the H/C collection - you can probably pick one up through previews if you wait a bit, or your LCS might have one already.

I liked it enough, but i like more of a story and character development.. Like Gladiator, This movie lacked that, when someone died u didn't care, even if it was someone's son.

That and how many times did they have to say sparta, spartans, spartish, or some form of the word sparta in that movie.

But yeah i liked it

This was a great popcorn movie, not an epic historical piece. It was practically storyboarded scene for scene straight from the comic book. Easily the most accurate comic to film transfer/translation ever done. Not too many real liberties taken outside of Frank Millers vision. Now if they could only get this type of detail right for future works. I'm sure that with the same director at the helm, the Watchmen movie will be stripped from the pages as well.

Grails! How the hell are ya? How was the flight over to the Sandbox w/o a Beachfront? Did you do a layover in Camp Arifjan? That place was wild when we crossed the border from Iraq into Kuwait. Ah... the stories I could tell ;)

Oh, don't get me wrong-- I wouldn't put it on par with LOTR, but it was a fantastic action movie. It immediately struck me as a comic adaptation, and I loved the photography done in this. It felt like a comic, sounded like a comic, and was just damn cool. I'm looking forward to getting more progress on my ASMs so I can get to work on little projects like collecting 300.

Thanks for asking Mac, I had a lousy flight with screaming Jordanian kids From Chicago to Amman, Jordan. Then I flew straight into Baghdad via Royal Jordanian Air. No driving this time.

I've got a nice 300 set, with the exception of #5. I had forgot there was a fifth book. This was the last comic book series that I purchased by actually walking into a comic book shop each month. That was almost a decade ago and it seems everything since has been aquired online.

Huh. Yeah, I flew military charter to Kuwait, hung out in Camp Wolverine for a day or two, and then it was off to BIAP in a C-130 cargo style. On the way home we went by HMVV which was great because 1. I finally saw a live herd of camels (highlight of my deployment) and 2. when we crossed into Kuwait, we ran across a Pizza Hut delivery man outside of a small town. We pulled him over and bought all of his pizzas. It was heaven.