• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2nd printing separate slot request

228 posts in this topic

I have one already which is why I didnt bid higher. Plus you cannot compare a 275 with a 281. 281 is a farely easy book to get. 2nd print 9.8s go for less than the first prints. I overspend on slabbed X-Men but im not crazy enough to overpay for a 281.

A second printing is just that, an additional printing of the same book. The cover artwork doesn't even change. If it did, then it would be a variant and deserving of its own slot in the registry. It is a simple as that. :sumo:

I am having a battle of wits with an unarmed person. (shrug)

Actually, 2nd. and 3rd. printings may have the same cover, but some have different colors. These are still listed as second and third printings, colors noted, but not listed as variants that I have seen...ie.:

th_NewWarriors-1-F.jpgth_NewWarriors-1gold-F.jpg

or

th_NewMutants-100-F.jpgth_NewMutants-100-Fsilver.jpg

So, does that mean you are on my side :angel: or Danny's side? :devil:

I really hate taking sides but I am in the same predicament as Danny, so th_popeye.jpg

I would love to have a slot for those second prints as well.

• Administrator

:hi: Danny!

Yes, I am watching your thread, but I have one key question about this suggestion....

Would this be the only title that would need to be expanded for the second printings? Or will others want this (or similar) "special treatment" for their set, too? (I think this would be the case)

Not to downplay your request, as I can understand that you would like to be a completist, just trying to play "devil's advocate"...

hm

Considering it though....

:hi: Gemma

hm

I see what your saying and you make a good point. I guess it would only be fair to have the slots for other titles as well. Personally I think it would be a fabulous move. It would also increase 2nd print submissions to CGC :grin: In my opinion and I am sure many will agree... to be a true completist you are required to have all printings of whatever you collect in your run. Im sure adding this in various sets might take some time but this can be a great starting point in the meantime :)

Please!!!!!!! :luhv:

Yeah, it's right next to the rack of second print X-men that don't deserve singular recognition because the only thing that differentiates them from a first printing is some new ink here and there. :grin:

Variants should have their own spot in the registry because the precident has already been set.

LINK

Ultimate Spider-Man already has variants listed in its registry set. However, they are listed as variants and not second printings because the cover art changes, not just the colors.