• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2nd printing separate slot request

228 posts in this topic

I was thinking about this topic recently. I know that some of the old Marvel second prints were usually just a different color to the logo and maybe some different color to the cover art (usually gold). But, don't most of the modern DC second prints have different cover art?

It doesn't matter who is right and who is wrong. It matters as to just how much time the lovely folks at CGC are going to invest in going back into existing sets and adding the "missing" issues. My bet is, NONE. Now, on a short run, Astonishing X-men, for example. I could see how that one could be easily updated. (hint, hint) :wishluck:

• Administrator

OK, I have added the second prints and variants for the X-Men sets....

I expanded the 1991 X-Men set to issue #194 (though the slots are not scored at this point)..

I added all of the second printings and variants to the Wolverine set.

I looked at the Walking Dead set, but we have only graded 2 second prints at this point, so I did not expand it....submit some more of them and I will! ;)

Just so you all know we are listening...and trying to fit in all requests, but we basically only have one Registry "team" for all of the companies, so these things can take some time...Thanks for your patience!

I expanded the 1991 X-Men set to issue #194 (though the slots are not scored at this point)..

I looked at the Walking Dead set, but we have only graded 2 second prints at this point, so I did not expand it....submit some more of them and I will! ;)

Just so you all know we are listening...and trying to fit in all requests, but we basically only have one Registry "team" for all of the companies, so these things can take some time...Thanks for your patience!

Woo hoo! :banana:

(worship)

You have cut me to the quick and I didn't even get the Astonishing X-men variants.

:sorry:

(worship)

Oy! I can't beleive it. doh! Great! Lousy 2nd printings. :frustrated:

This really stinks. I am so against this I am beyond angry. It has take me a lot of time and a lot of money to get near 93 % complete on my 1-450 set. Now I find out it gets knocked down to 85% due to some BS addtional printings and variant covers. This mess is what nearly ruined comics in the early 90's. I have no problem with creating a separate set that includes these #$%!@ 2nd's. But don't ruin over a year's worth of work for this. rantrant

Sorry you feel this way Casey but I believe you are in the minority. Everyone gave their opinion on the matter and in the end CGC did what they thought was right. No one has a gun to your head forcing you to buy variants and second printings. If you dont want them then dont buy them.

Jim - Hopefully CGC adds the variants for Astonishing X-Men so you can put that together in one set instead of the two seperate sets you have now

I disagree that myself and Casey are in the minority. Besides, just because you are satisfied doesn't make it right. Now if anyone wants to have a complete run in the registry, they are forced to buy books that they may not really have wanted in the first place. 2c

This really stinks. I am so against this I am beyond angry. It has take me a lot of time and a lot of money to get near 93 % complete on my 1-450 set. Now I find out it gets knocked down to 85% due to some BS addtional printings and variant covers. This mess is what nearly ruined comics in the early 90's. I have no problem with creating a separate set that includes these #$%!@ 2nd's. But don't ruin over a year's worth of work for this. rantrant

Yeah, and the TRUE 30 and 35-cent price variants are not even included, just the stupid "manufactured collectibles" type. doh!