• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2nd printing separate slot request

228 posts in this topic

Yes, it is the same book on the inside, but at least the outside has a completely different cover to go along with the recycled manure on the inside. Why are you person_without_enough_empathying, to be a completist, you would have to have the variant covers as well.

Trust me.. I dont need to be educated on this topic. I know all there is to know about reprints, later printings, and variants. A second printing is exactly that.. and should be recognized apart from the first printing in the registry because it is a different printing. 2c

Like I said earlier... I am sure many will agree with me

I didn't mean to imply that you are not educated. I know you are intelligent. I just do not believe that any later printing of a book deserves individual recognition in the registry based on that item alone. Maybe we should just agree to disagree and leave this discussion, the way we entered it, as friends. :)

Isn't a variant cover a different printing? So those should be in the registry too.

doh!

:baiting:

'Trooper, I don't what it is, but I just find you... entertaining. :golfclap:

It's the crack your smokin', put down the pipe and I'll be the arsehole everyone else sees me as.

Yes, it is the same book on the inside, but at least the outside has a completely different cover to go along with the recycled manure on the inside.

hm

First print:

asm532covcol001rn9.jpg

Second print:

amazingspiderman532btu4.jpg

And CGC does list it as a second printing not a variant ... LINK

:shy:

I didn't mean to imply that you are not educated. I know you are intelligent. I just do not believe that any later printing of a book deserves individual recognition in the registry based on that item alone. Maybe we should just agree to disagree and leave this discussion, the way we entered it, as friends. :)
Fair Enough (thumbs u

I still think they deserve their own slots :baiting:

And the beatings will continue until Morale improves...beatdeadhorsepf0.gif

If I had a set/slot for every slab I had, I would be extremely pleased, except for the fact that not having a "set" for some of my books, tends to imply that they were just not worth collecting in the first place and nobody really cares to see them. So displaying those particular slabs off to the masses, would just reinforce that "opinion" and that I was just an insufficiently_thoughtful_person getting it slabbed in the first place because the book's value in $$$ was not in in the three figure range. Pardon me for for having excentric tastes. And oh yes, also please pardon me if I happen to enjoy "Blade" or "Battlestar Galctica" (re-imagined series), or even "Ultimate X-Men 1/2" th_UXM1-2-F.jpg

, and my "Amazing Spider-man #539" th_ASM539.jpg

, or just to go a step further by liking the fact that I have a "Incredible Hulk #181 in a 9.4" (just disregard the fact that it is a German version that looks and feels like the USA version. th_134887001.jpg or th_Hulk-1-Fgmn.jpg that I could slab if it so behooved me... But of course we don't have sets for the German versions of any of those with the exception I believe of ASM th_thats_racist.gif

, but I digress....

There are times that I may just buy a book because of the Artist, such as Rob Liefeld, or Michael Turner, or other greats such as them, but if the series and/or books did not fly off the shelves in a frenzy, it just doesn't rate getting a "set", although it gets it's own serial number and a "thank you for spending money to slab this book" from CGC, but that is another matter for an entirely different thread. I am going to get off my soapbox now and return us us back to our Reprint/Variant discussion.

Please excuse my going off on a tangent, but it sure felt good to get that off my chest... :)killme.gif

:hi: Danny!

Yes, I am watching your thread, but I have one key question about this suggestion....

Would this be the only title that would need to be expanded for the second printings? Or will others want this (or similar) "special treatment" for their set, too? (I think this would be the case)

Not to downplay your request, as I can understand that you would like to be a completist, just trying to play "devil's advocate"...

hm

Considering it though....

This is a very interesting discussion. I personally believe that variants and alternate covers and second prints [sorry Dr. Watson] should have separate slots in the Registry. I have noticed that some books are graded but very rarely Registered because they aren't the highest point scoring version for that issue.

I have been collecting all the variants for my Wolverine 1-189 run and it would be fun to list them. Wolverine 145 has five cover versions (six if you count the Bone Claws error variant which most collectors do but CGC doesn't) but everybody registers their Nabisco variant because that gives you the most points.

Of course it would also mean that I would regret giving/trading my X-Men 2nd prints to Danny :tonofbricks: