• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game: BRONZE AGE SURVIVOR SERIES - Round 4

Choose a BA book to depart.  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Choose a BA book to depart.

76 posts in this topic

I don't understand the flack toward "Days of Future Past". Just because the same type of story was run in the ground for years afterward isn't this story's fault.

Because the story line was used so much later on is the ONLY reason why 141 would even feature in a list like this. Otherwise, it`s just a really good story, but just being a really good story doesn`t allow a comic to make the list.

I would just like to stand up for MTU 1 for a second. While I realize it’s not a “important”

book of the BA. It’s still a great series with some great covers and some great reads.

:sumo:

GS X-Men #1 has a vote?!? God loves, votes kill. lol

Who? What? Where? :mad:

Yeah, whats up with that?

And to a much lesser extent, GL 85 is getting votes? :screwy:

Didn't GL 85 come after ASM 96? Does it have some other significance?

Dan

New York Mayor John V. Lindsay wrote a letter to DC in response to the issue commending them, which was printed in issue #86.

Also, it was Heroin and not some random pills which was the case in ASM #96.

But you are right ASM #96 was the ground breaker.

Although I'm a Marvel fan, ASM 96 was pure puff. Harry was having some problems, and popped a few uppers - that was it.

In GL 85, it dealt with serious drug use, as in shooting heroin, and the addict was a superhero, the appropriately named Speedy.

Big difference in my book, and GL 85 really tackled the problem head-on.

Although I'm a Marvel fan, ASM 96 was pure puff. Harry was having some problems, and popped a few uppers - that was it.

In GL 85, it dealt with serious drug use, as in shooting heroin, and the addict was a superhero, the appropriately named Speedy.

Big difference in my book, and GL 85 really tackled the problem head-on.

The INappropriately-named Speedy. For it to be appropriate, he should have been shooting Meth or changed his name to Junky. The humor possibilities of Green Arrow and Junky seem vast.

Tomb of Dracula 1 (First Dracula)

I'd have thought you'd want to get rid of issue 10 before 1. Blade (shrug)

Because Dracula had been around for 75 years prior to his "first appearance" and neither was he the first Vampire to ever appear so to me it's a nothing event. On the other hand Blade spawned 3 successful movies, a television series and became a part of pop-culture outside of comics not to mention the success of the first movie is what created the resurgence in comicbook adaptions that ultimately lead to X-Men and Spider-Man finally being made.

Tomb of Dracula 1 (First Dracula)

I'd have thought you'd want to get rid of issue 10 before 1. Blade (shrug)

Because Dracula had been around for 75 years prior to his "first appearance" and neither was he the first Vampire to ever appear so to me it's a nothing event. On the other hand Blade spawned 3 successful movies, a television series and became a part of pop-culture outside of comics not to mention the success of the first movie is what created the resurgence in comicbook adaptions that ultimately lead to X-Men and Spider-Man finally being made.

true enough, but at the time how significant was he? It's just my opinion of course but i'd think that the character or series that spawned Blade would be significant than Blade himself. (thumbs u

From a Bronze Age perspective, Dracula was infinitely more important than Blade.
From a comic book perspective, H.E.R.B.I.E. was infinitely more important than Blade.

i'd think that the character or series that spawned Blade would be significant than Blade himself. (thumbs u

Wouldn't that be the same as saying Amazing Fantasy (Adventures) 1 is more significant than Amazing Fantasy 15 hm