• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game: BRONZE AGE SURVIVOR SERIES - Round 4

Choose a BA book to depart.  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Choose a BA book to depart.

76 posts in this topic

i'd think that the character or series that spawned Blade would be significant than Blade himself. (thumbs u

Wouldn't that be the same as saying Amazing Fantasy (Adventures) 1 is more significant than Amazing Fantasy 15 hm

not necesarily since issue 15 was an abrupt change of direction. It would be more like saying that ASM #9 first Electro was more important that ASM #1.

I can't believe X-Men 141 is getting so many votes. I thought it was a great story. It's the last story from one of the best runs in comics. If you want to argue semantics and say to you it's copper and not bronze, you're certainly entitled, but it was included in the list because it was considered part of the era that we're looking at. I realize you can't go back and change your vote, but I think voting for it is like, like, like bad. Man.

yeah but if you look back from the beginning of this round. i mentioned about 15 posts in that sups 233 already had 5 votes but no one mentioned voting for it.

the votes aren’t cumulative from each round are they?

MTU #1. i'd like to fast forward about 10 rounds there is so much drek on this list.

Agreed. Remind me again why the list was expanded to 40? To appease as many people as possible? Don't seem to be too much of that going on here...

We should have voted off the first 20 in the 1st round.

Expedience I say...expedience!!!!

Rick

MTU...you are the weakest link, goodbye

Agreed, but I cannot believe that Superman 233 won't be joining it.

Superman was one of the top selling characters of the BA, and 233 signifcantly changed the direction of his series for the decade and beyond. That's more significant than the first appearance of Sabretooth, Blade, Moon Knight and the like. Granted, we're not talking about the type of new direction the X-men took, but the new "relevant" Superman was a major development, in my opinion. I'd leave the book on for awhile myself.

Now the Superman vs. Spiderman one shot...that's another matter.

I can't believe X-Men 141 is getting so many votes. I thought it was a great story. It's the last story from one of the best runs in comics. If you want to argue semantics and say to you it's copper and not bronze, you're certainly entitled, but it was included in the list because it was considered part of the era that we're looking at. I realize you can't go back and change your vote, but I think voting for it is like, like, like bad. Man.

It may be a good story, but it doesn't hold much importance with me, and obviously others as well. I didn't even vote for it, and if it's around another round, I probably still won't vote for it, as there are still weaker books, IMHO.

Andy

Yes, I think JC will keep track of the vote counts. They have been inching up with this series. I thought they'd equal or exceed the SA because I think there is more "meat" to this one in terms of selection.