• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman all the Time thread
8 8

2,598 posts in this topic

If I'm right about Radium Giants, let me know. I suspect that cover-to-cover scanned issues are out there somewhere.

:whistle:

That was a pretty good guess, wasn't it?

Love them radium-proof cloaks and gloves, not to mention how everyone conveniently carries around bondage chains in Golden Age Wonder Woman stories.

Thanks!

Jack

Nice to see more Wonder Woman Collector's on the thread,and really NICE books!

I was surprised to win this last night, not one of my favorite covers, but one that was hard to find, even in low grade, so I'm happy (and I blame Gator for selling me those other Crippens, so I got hooked;)

wonderwoman59.jpg

Great copy. You got a nice price on that one.

If I'm right about Radium Giants, let me know. I suspect that cover-to-cover scanned issues are out there somewhere.

Love them radium-proof cloaks and gloves, not to mention how everyone conveniently carries around bondage chains in Golden Age Wonder Woman stories.

Thanks!

Jack

I HAD a low grade one of that issue, a really low grade one (with covers and everything) but SOMEONE hide it;)

I might find it yet;)

I was surprised to win this last night, not one of my favorite covers, but one that was hard to find, even in low grade, so I'm happy (and I blame Gator for selling me those other Crippens, so I got hooked;)

wonderwoman59.jpg

Thanks, Andrew, actually I forgot about the auction and bid late, I really wanted the storm one, but I got outbid on that one and I had too many bids up to UP it;) I didn't know I'd lose them all but for this one:) So, I didn't want to take a chance

Thanks!

Jack

I HAD a low grade one of that issue, a really low grade one (with covers and everything) but SOMEONE hide it;)

NOT ME!

Blame the cat.

I might find it yet;)

I hope so

Thanks,

Jack

Radium-proof accessorizing :luhv:

wonderwoman59.jpg

Thanks, Andrew, actually I forgot about the auction and bid late, I really wanted the storm one, but I got outbid on that one and I had too many bids up to UP it;) I didn't know I'd lose them all but for this one:) So, I didn't want to take a chance

Glad you got it then. Are you upgrading?

It's so true. Finding the books from 40 through 112 can be a definite challenge with the exception of a couple that seem to always crop up but only in low grade. I've really been focusing on finishing the silver age portion of the collection and I'm finally down to just needing 13 books (86, 90, 91, 93, 95, 96, 98, 102, 103, 106, 107, 108, 111.) Finding the Golden Age books has been easier in a lot of ways than the early SA stuff. Of course the GA books need 62 more to finish that lot. Anyone with any leads please let me know.

Going through this thread I have to compliment you all. There are some beautiful books listed and some amazing collections have been put together!

Welcome to the Boards and it's good to find another WW fan.

I once had less than 10 books needed to complete a full WW run and finally gave up. Some of these books must be non-existant in a decent grade ?!? The CGC census backs this up, example: my WW 111 is the only one in the census. It's no wonder it's on your want list. Raw scan, she's now a CGC Blue 8.5 .....

scan0239.jpg

111 is one of the few silver age Wonder Woman's that I need. I know of one VF/NM and I've been holding off cause I don't want to pay the price but so help me if it ends up being the last one I need I'll end up buckleing under!

:news:Just had to share my newest addition to my Wonder Woman collection. I was thrilled to finally add a Wonder Woman 7 to the collection! :luhv: I'm figuring a G/VG grading for this one at this point to MAYBE a low VG- but my conservative side is getting the better of me and heading towards a G/VG. Pages range from white to off-white, centerfold well attached at both staples. Moderate cover gloss still which was surprising. One page inside has a 1 inch tear.

WonderWoman7001.jpg[/img]

WonderWoman7backcover001.jpg[/img]

:news:Just had to share my newest addition to my Wonder Woman collection. I was thrilled to finally add a Wonder Woman 7 to the collection! :luhv: I'm figuring a G/VG grading for this one at this point to MAYBE a low VG- but my conservative side is getting the better of me and heading towards a G/VG. Pages range from white to off-white, centerfold well attached at both staples. Moderate cover gloss still which was surprising. One page inside has a 1 inch tear.

Such a great cover :applause:

Great book, Bill! Congrats ! (worship)

was that the bedrock copy?

The bedrock copy is so low grade it makes that look like a 9.6.

I've had 3, the first one had no cover AND someone actually shot it with a gun...probably a bb gun, I hope...

So, your's CAN't possible be worse than that;)

I do own the Gator copy now;)

I was dreaming of that double-cover copy on Heritage.

you don't see many of them, even on ebay,

I bid on it, but it went WAY over my head...It would have meant giving up shoes for years;) There were some really nice books on that Heritage sale...I just can't convince myself to buy only 1 or 2 books a year, lol

I've had 3, the first one had no cover AND someone actually shot it with a gun...probably a bb gun, I hope...

So, your's CAN't possible be worse than that;)

I do own the Gator copy now;)

lol Mine does have a cover. Water stained, ripped up and loose...but a cover.

Refresh my memory on this "Gator" pedigree.