• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Wonder Woman all the Time thread
8 8

2,598 posts in this topic

Here is a beautiful copy of Wonder Woman 49, the only Wonder Woman mentioned in Wertham's now infamous study of comic books. I've always wanted to know what he found objectionable about this issue. The OSPG gives us the page numbers in Wertham's book. Perhaps someone who has a copy can look it up. I would appreciate it.

76519.jpg.62452d31e2f842ca6f520342d09afd5c.jpg

I posted this book in the "Have A Cigar" thread, but obviously it belongs here, too. The elusive origin issue of DC's iconic female superhero of the golden age. Great story, too.

76910.jpg

Interesting that DC didn't bother with a full origin story until Robert Kanigher was scripting and Irv Novick was doing the covers. I guess Moulton and Peter were more interested in telling fanciful tales than in continuity. Peter did the interiors though, right? I wish they had left him on covers, not that this is a bad effort by Novick.

Congrats!

Jack

Edited by selegue

Exactly eight years and 55 issues later comes this Andru/Esposito cover swipe, a cover swipe that I don't think is cited in the OSPG ((I haven't seen the latest edition though.) Also, I recall seeing a slabbed copy of WW 103 and I don't think the words "Cover Swipe" are notated on the label. Interesting parties take notice!

76911.jpg.de7e972d16a32b28233bbad1c9035eef.jpg

since we are bumping this thread, a BIG thanks to former CGC poster sacentaur (you can still find steve over on the NOD boards (thumbs u ) for hooking me up with this bad boy!

sens7-1.jpg

since we are bumping this thread, a BIG thanks to former CGC poster sacentaur (you can still find steve over on the NOD boards (thumbs u ) for hooking me up with this bad boy!

sens7-1.jpg

(worship) (worship)

You don't collect high grade! You should sell it to a deserving collector before the market crashes!

Exactly eight years and 55 issues later comes this Andru/Esposito cover swipe, a cover swipe that I don't think is cited in the OSPG ((I haven't seen the latest edition though.) Also, I recall seeing a slabbed copy of WW 103 and I don't think the words "Cover Swipe" are notated on the label. Interesting parties take notice!

I really like this version of Diana (WW 103). Andru & Esposito's early version of WW, with her high-cheek bones, had kind of an earthy Mediterranean look that I wish had lasted longer!

WOW, Rick...that is a beautiful book! (worship)
and while I have to thank Steve for the #7, I have to, in a round about way, thanks Sharon for the #6...back when I just had 1-5, I wasn't really going any further...and I had been offered a 6 that I offered to Sharon...but, thankfully, she passed, and I went ahead and bought it...so viola, 1-7 is "done"

and while I have to thank Steve for the #7, I have to, in a round about way, thanks Sharon for the #6...back when I just had 1-5, I wasn't really going any further...and I had been offered a 6 that I offered to Sharon...but, thankfully, she passed, and I went ahead and bought it...so viola, 1-7 is "done"

Beautiful set, how far are you planning on going?

Beautiful set, how far are you planning on going?

well, I actually had pretty much finished the entire 1-106 WW cover GA run (only missing 3 issues, 6,7 and 105, I believe), when I abandoned my quest last year and sold off most issues from 8 up... I had never owned a 6 or 7, so when the opp to get both presented itself, I went ahead and "bit"...

so, for now, 1-7 is "it", though I still have the Rockford 17 I have never sold...

Nice book! This one's definitely on my list.

I posted this book in the "Have A Cigar" thread, but obviously it belongs here, too. The elusive origin issue of DC's iconic female superhero of the golden age. Great story, too.

Well, I passed cause you wanted to trade it for another book I had, lol...which I wanted to keep;) but I DO appreciate the offer (and I want dibs if you sell it;) I still need a centerfold;)

Hi I'm new here. I'm Alliecat and I collect wondy. Hi to Skypinblu.
WTTB

my youngest daughter's name is alyssa and we call her alycat (close)

Well, I passed cause you wanted to trade it for another book I had, lol...which I wanted to keep;) but I DO appreciate the offer (and I want dibs if you sell it;) I still need a centerfold;)

I have already forgotten, but glad you passed (thumbs u

Hi I'm new here. I'm Alliecat and I collect wondy. Hi to Skypinblu.

Welcome! :hi: