• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I've definitely caught the fever

23 posts in this topic

You probably bought page 35, now that I think about it. Or the Thinny spread (29/30). My money is on one or the other. You know you can get Albert to send you his scan so you can post your page right away? Take care.

It has been discussed before in other threads, but I wanted to put in my two cents. The old "I paid too much for that piece" or "that dealer is over priced". I may be biased in my opinion because of the specific nature of my collecting tastes, but I have some observations. For example, let's look at Jae Lee art from the Dark Tower comic. All of it is expensive, especially splash pages and covers. A lot of boarders may balk at paying thousands for modern stuff. I have bought a few pages and want a lot more I couldn't afford. If I had the money, I would pay the 4K for a cover (I get that warm, fuzzy feeling everytime I see it).

Once these covers and pages are sold (especially key Roland pages) I don't think they will ever see the market again. You not only have your standard OA collectors, but also Stephen King/Dark Tower nuts (myself included)who want the art as well. I believe that Albert Moy realizes this fact when he prices the pages. Once some of those pages are on someone's wall, they probably won't be sold until an estate sale someday. I had my eye on the cover to #1 (I could have never afforded it, but I bet I could have a few years from now) and it sold the other day for $7500. I still had a depressed feeling for a few seconds when I saw this. One day I hope to own that cover, and I'll probably pay double 10-20 years from now. It's all about what people like and will pay.

I know I pay out the nose for some Walking Dead art

Again, just my 2 pence...