• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I've definitely caught the fever

23 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I am posting this a little late, but I just got into OA about 2 months ago. I am definitely addicted. I have found myself passing up books I would have previously jumped on in order to keep funds free for pages. My focus is pretty limited (as you can tell by my CAF gallery), but I think I've amassed a good chunk for starting out. I find myself wanting to buy way more than I can afford (to the detriment of my savings account). I just wanted to say hi and see if a few people would check out my gallery. Thanks.

Welcome and impressive start! THE WALKING DEAD stuff is great, especially that HC cover.

As I'm sure others will add, you've just stepped into a black hole.

Look forward to your next update!

I appreciate the compliments. I actually just picked up the Omnibus wrap around two nights ago from another gallery owner. It was one of those deals where it seemed as if fate were involved. I'm am so d@#n happy with that piece. The Dark Tower issue 1 page 31 is also a recent lucky buy, since I missed out when they were originally sold by Albert Moy. I'm really on the lookout for some Tony Moore art. I have asked about a page from his site but haven't gotten a response yet. If anyone has anything they want to part with, let me know. Thanks.

Thanks. I actually left a comment about your page on CAF the other day. I plan on adding more pages too. There are going to be at least four more Gunslinger arcs over the next few years according to Marvel. The next will be "The Long Road Home" and is coming out Feb 08. I think they're going to take it all the way up to where book one starts in the desert. Should be good stuff with lots of good art for us to buy.

I appreciate the compliments. I actually just picked up the Omnibus wrap around two nights ago from another gallery owner. It was one of those deals where it seemed as if fate were involved. I'm am so d@#n happy with that piece. The Dark Tower issue 1 page 31 is also a recent lucky buy, since I missed out when they were originally sold by Albert Moy. I'm really on the lookout for some Tony Moore art. I have asked about a page from his site but haven't gotten a response yet. If anyone has anything they want to part with, let me know. Thanks.

My pleasure George......Glad it went to such a WD fan :hi:

Michael

You just started collecting 2 months ago?! Damn that is a fantastic start!!!

I got a re-enlistment bonus, and you can see where a chunk of that went! I've definitely feel like I've made up for some time. I don't regret a penny I've spent.

My pleasure George......Glad it went to such a WD fan :hi:

Michael

Hey Michael,

Good to see a friendly face here on the boards. I've been giving you your do credit anytime I talk about the wrap around. You definitely made me a happy guy.

Congratulation George!

Superb WD Omnibus cover, your off to a great start, have we just seen the first public WD super collector :)

Cheers,

Yeah, I definitely plan on being "that guy".

I wish I could be that guy as well....but for now I'll have to stick to the 9.8 run of the comics.....maybe someday the OA :wishluck:

Congratulation George!

Superb WD Omnibus cover, your off to a great start, have we just seen the first public WD super collector :)

Cheers,

I wish I could be that guy as well....but for now I'll have to stick to the 9.8 run of the comics.....maybe someday the OA :wishluck:

You have an awesome run of books. I am definitely jealous. I'm going to slowly piece together a set, but I might have to settle for 9.6 or above because of my OA habit.

Congratulation George!

Cheers,

You have an awesome run of books. I am definitely jealous. I'm going to slowly piece together a set, but I might have to settle for 9.6 or above because of my OA habit.

Thanks! :cloud9:

Armydoc,

Did you buy any of the last Dark Tower issue that went on sale last night? I bought one but you'll have to wait until I post it to find out which one. I wanted to get that double page spread of pgs 15-16 but it wasn't offered. I guess either Albert kept it for himself or someone emailed him ahead of time to reserve it.

John

I was looking as the pages came out. I'm kind of tapped out from a previous purchase. I would like to have gotten page 35, it sold within an hour or so of being posted. It was a steal at 1K. I had my eye out to see the price for that exact spread (15/16). I wouldn't be surprised if those pages aren't on Stephen King's wall. I like the death of Susan spread (33/34) and that is the most Albert has priced interior pages from the book. That'll be the last of the pages we'll see until next year.