• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official "Books that should never have been graded in the first place" thread

11 posts in this topic

Let's see some scans/pics of books you know should never have been submitted to CGC. I'll start, with my gorgeous copy of Katy Keene #1 from 1983. No, it shouldn't have ever been graded.... insane.gif

In all fairness I did send in 5 copies of this book, and 3 of them came back 9.6's.

255132-kk.jpg

255132-kk.jpg.469009073c45ded6f5cbdbe995ece445.jpg

Here's one I came across while searching for CGC comics

Fear 20

Sorry Comicsheet. I don't know if you had this slabbed or not, but this is a good example of a comic that shouldn't be slabbed. Anything less than a 9.4 for this comic is not worth slabbing.

I found this one totally by accident while reviewing the CGC census...

Ronald McDonald # 3 (1971 Charlton Comics) - CGC graded 0.5. Census report

Steve Borock has said before that there are some Poors in the census that were graded back when CGC first started during some kind of testing of the grading and encapsulation process...if I remember correctly, there was a Superman 75 from 1993 graded 0.5 in the census that he specifically noted was a test book which looks like it has been removed now. It's possible that Ronald McDonald was another test book that's still hanging in there.

Steve Borock has said before that there are some Poors in the census that were graded back when CGC first started during some kind of testing of the grading and encapsulation process...if I remember correctly, there was a Superman 75 from 1993 graded 0.5 in the census that he specifically noted was a test book which looks like it has been removed now.

Not Superman 75, but Adventures of Superman # 500... 20 copies at 0.5 for testing.

(As of the 8/27/2003 census, they're still in there.)

No word from Steve on the Ronald McDonald, though! grin.gif