• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kirby X-Men 1 art

30 posts in this topic

Well what started out as the butt end of a KK joke has become reality.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-1963-X-Men-1-Page-16-Jack-Kirby-Comic-Art_W0QQitemZ180146761256QQihZ008QQcategoryZ972QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

X-Men 1 art IF! this page breaks reserve will officiallly break up the complete story to X-Men 1. I was wondering why all the Kirby X-Men pages on Burkeys site had sold in the past month after a years hibernation, theres one left but I guess it won't last long if this page sets a new record for Kirby X-Men art prices.

Any guesses at the reserve. How about the magic $30K?

Clem..

According to one of the guys that was selling it, the book sold just before WonderCon. Why do I know? One of my clients was interested in buying it and was going to check it out at that show. At WC, the guy offering it told me it just sold. So, if the guy on eBay has had it for a year, someone wasn't giving me the straight scoop. Given that I have known my contact for a while, I'd be inclined to believe that the book moved at or around WC. Best, Steve Morger.

According to one of the guys that was selling it, the book sold just before WonderCon. Why do I know? One of my clients was interested in buying it and was going to check it out at that show. At WC, the guy offering it told me it just sold. So, if the guy on eBay has had it for a year, someone wasn't giving me the straight scoop. Given that I have known my contact for a while, I'd be inclined to believe that the book moved at or around WC. Best, Steve Morger.

Any idea what the ball park was when it sold at Wonder Con?

Clem..

Rumour has it twofitty was the number.

I thought twofitty was the number kirk paid years ago and FeetwennyFive or so was the new number...

and Robert...you got urself a PM...check it.

Chris

"The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the listing."

REALLY? NO! REALLY??? NO!! No, C'mon - REALLY??? NO!!!! I just can't believe it! REALLY?

There's going to be a lot of disapointed bidders on this one. I understand sellers get offers they can't refuse on stuff like this, but why leave the auction up for so long and receive so many bids before pulling it? That's just really bad form.

Complete book was sold this weekend.

No surprise there. I'm guessing cash/trade somehwere around 500K? Personally, I'm not very interested in getting a page from this book.

Hari

Im assuming this does not include the cover... ?

Complete book was sold this weekend.

No surprise there. I'm guessing cash/trade somehwere around 500K? Personally, I'm not very interested in getting a page from this book.

Hari

Im assuming this does not include the cover... ?

If he was still on here KK would tell you that he owns the cover.