• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston Comic-Con Spectacular with special guest Norm Breyfogle Nov 4

132 posts in this topic

I spoke with old friend Don Phelps today who is the originator of the show that descented in the Boston Comic Book Spectacular. It's been located at 200 Stuart St since 1975. He told me that his appearance in Boston recently has been "greatly exaggerated".

He also told me that he would like to set up at the show in Boston Sunday with a new collection of vintage comic books that he purchased recently.

We surely do have room for Mr Phelps. and his old comic books

Mr. Phelps had a fine day selling old comic books.

I never saw so many high grade 1950's photo covers in one place.

:blahblah:

lol

:blahblah: :blahblah:

Nice comeback.

Thanks for your insightful view point, once again. When wrong stick fingers in ears and go blah, blah, blah.

This being America you can feel free to argue the facts. You would still be wrong since all your posts can't change the facts of the matter as described. 14 days is 2 weeks.

Feel free to spew in "your" post shilling your "buddies" show but don't claim to be a neutral party. That would be disingenuous.

You couldn't even keep a gentleman's agreement. I'm shocked. lol

First of all, I have no need to shill my "buddies", they do just fine without the need to self promote and post over and over and over to their own thread like someone else.

Second, what is this gentelmans aggrement you are refferring too (shrug)

Third, I know this is America. I have lived here for almost 40 years, so again, what the hell are you getting at.

Always good to see you take the high road lol, practice what you preach doh!

First of all, I have no need to shill my "buddies", they do just fine without the need to self promote and post over and over and over to their own thread like someone else.

Then why are you still shilling it, but you and moan that I should not promote my own?

If you are going to open up your big mouth argue the facts.

You said blah, blah, blah and now you are attacking me again. You cried and whined when I posted in "your" shows thread and I stopped.

Argue the Bleeping facts. I spoke the truth and you said blah, blah, blah.

Is 14 days two weeks Nik? Was my date announced over a year ago?

yes or no answers only.

Then why are you still shilling it, but you and moan that I should not promote my own?

If you are going to open up your big mouth argue the facts.

You said blah, blah, blah and now you are attacking me again. You cried and whined when I posted in "your" shows thread and I stopped.

Argue the Bleeping facts. I spoke the truth and you said blah, blah, blah.

Is 14 days two weeks Nik? Was my date announced over a year ago?

yes or no answers only.

The only one crying and whinning is you (shrug)

Its funny how when "my buddies" announce something, you feel threatened and feel the need to take shots and insults (in a round about way) at them.

Heaven forbid someone say anything about your major announcement. :screwy:

Yes 14 days is 2 weeks, so what. You ever hear of the term competetion. Happens everyday in the real world.

Just because you announce your show does that mean that time stops? get over your bad self doh!

Despite the bickering, I still wanted to jump in here and say that I had a great time at the show yesterday. Ken Kelly is fast becoming one of my favorite people in the world! He's been very kind to me this year and I got a KILLER rough pen and ink for cheap money yesterday that I'm still walking on clouds about!

Scored a few comics and books as well... I'm very pleased!

You ever hear of the term competetion.

No. Have you ever heard the term spell-check?

You are in such a rush to answer nothing at all. But you have time to troll my thread with your mispelled gibberish.

Read the posts. You sound like the Toad to your "buddies" Magneto.

You cried when I posted in your buddies thread.

And answered blah, blah, blah when I post in my own.

Americans usually have a sense of fairness. You don't.

You are a funny book suck-up and wear it proudly. A major mark for your resume.

Keep making your stupid remarks that you would never say near me. It's okay, you've said them near others. I got plenty of reports of the "Girl Talk" from the other show that I have never mentioned.

Do you know what "Get-A-Life" means?

Do you know what "answer the the bleeping question with an answer" means?

Didn't think so.

I will quit when I have to back down to the likes of you and the other "toadies".

Just because you announce your show does that mean that time stops?

I am pretty sure that it doesn't.

You're the smart guy. Can you explain what the spoon this means?

or will you add more spewing of words that when added up say nothing?

Despite the bickering, I still wanted to jump in here and say that I had a great time at the show yesterday. Ken Kelly is fast becoming one of my favorite people in the world! He's been very kind to me this year and I got a KILLER rough pen and ink for cheap money yesterday that I'm still walking on clouds about!

I am glad that you enjoyed the show. It is good to know that there are collectors who enjoy the shows for what they are.

There were sure a lot of them on Sunday.

The only one crying and whinning is you (shrug)

Its funny how when "my buddies" announce something, you feel threatened and feel the need to take shots and insults (in a round about way) at them.

Heaven forbid someone say anything about your major announcement. :screwy:

I am not crying. Winning? Thank you. I was on many winning teams in my athletic career.

I have no idea what you are talking about otherwise. Again, no facts. Is it a reading comprehension problem?

Enlighten me with something of substance.

You are not one of the board lawyers because you make no case at all.

What major announcement?

All you have is blah, blah, blah.

I said that I would post nothing negative in theirs/your thread and I have not. You obviously cannot control yourself so I have to assume I am no longer obligated to be the gentleman.

I will have Buddy Hackett translate your next post.

I run Comic Book and Record/CD collectors shows for those that enjoy these hobbies. Not those that use them as a tool to satisfy their shortcomings in "real life". We all know someone like this. Do you think Hammer likes comics?

Could you post it?

Kelly called it a preliminary. lol

What a nice guy. He will be in Philly November 24-25.

Oh dear lord lol

Okay let me break it down for you.

I think you are a pompous, arrogant blowhard. You biltch and moan when your show is not in the limelight.

Here is a little reality check, alot of people just plain outright don't like you because of your holier then though attitude.

I don't troll your threads, as I really don't give a flying f.. about your shows, simple enough for you.

You come up with reasons to attack me or insult or anyone else for that matter who disagrees with you, why?

Because I like and have delt with another promoter in the past who has been solid with me that makes me a suk-up? :screwy: Its called loyalty you dumb-azz.

You mentioned we had a gentlemans agreement, funny I dont remember that but I do remember having that agreement with Blueboy hm

Anyways, I am done wasting my time with you, before I say anything else that would not be appropriate for the boards to read.

Oh dear lord lol

I think you are a pompous, arrogant blowhard. You biltch and moan when your show is not in the limelight.

Here is a little reality check, alot of people just plain outright don't like you because of your holier then though attitude.

Pretty much sums it up. :golfclap:

Oh dear lord lol

I don't troll your threads, as I really don't give a flying f.. about your shows, simple enough for you.

You come up with reasons to attack me or insult or anyone else for that matter who disagrees with you, why?

Because I like and have delt with another promoter in the past who has been solid with me that makes me a suk-up? :screwy: Its called loyalty you dumb-azz.

You mentioned we had a gentlemans agreement, funny I dont remember that but I do remember having that agreement with Blueboy hm

Anyways, I am done wasting my time with you, before I say anything else that would not be appropriate for the boards to read.

Then stop trollin my posts you insulting wanker.

You still have not answered a single point of mine or explained a single one of your inane statements. You say nothing but think that you did. It's like a dog pooping and needing to show it to someone.

I thought that we could debate this like two men but it would require another beside myself.

You admit that you broke your agreement wether it was to me or blueboy. Your word means nothing from my experience. blueboy is obviously not me or it would have been yanked, you clueless wonder.

Maybe in another 40 years and 16,000 posts you will have learned something of substance.

BTW:

You are the one that started this up again by remarking in my thread.

It's ironic that the few that insisted in flaunting the simple convention rules start their own convention because they feel that they have been slighted. It's like murdering your parents but expecting mercy from the court because you are an orphan!

Not logical. Those that can't follow rules want to set and enforce them!

Oh dear lord lol

Pretty much sums it up. :golfclap:

O wow! another guy with no facts but surely an opinion!

Go on. Spit it out. Do you have something to say? Obviously I am held to a different standard here when a few pinheads can state things based on nothing.

holier then though attitude.

Are you an insufficiently_thoughtful_person? or playing one?

First, it's holier than thou. It changes the meaning when you change the words. Just because you have time on your hands to foment trouble it does not mean you are saying anything.

I feel sorry for you because the facts don't fit your argument.

Your comments are equal to :blahblah:

They both say nothing whatsoever to answer the question asked.

It's equivalent to sticking your fingers in your ears (or wherever) and going blah, blah, blah.