• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did your Mom ever throw out your comics?

Did your mother ever throw out any of your comics?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Did your mother ever throw out any of your comics?

44 posts in this topic

My uncle had stacks from the floor to the ceiling of DC and Marvel comics. Entire runs of Justice League, Fantastic Four, Avengers and many more. Thousands of comics. When he went to college his parents gathered them up, put them out side and lit a match. The only comic to survive was Fantastic Four #9.

I never understood the intense hatred parents had in those days for comics.

Yeah, now parents are happy if their kids read anything at all.

My mom recently threw out my cgc 8.5 copy of detective comics 27....oh well...

I found it...so much trash on it though, I had to have it restored back to a 8.5

gator

Yes. I was an avid comic reader from the time I was 6 (1959) until 12 (1965) when I went to junior high and was thinking about girls instead.

I probably had about 500 comics and my mom threw them out (I don't know when cuz I lost interest).

I loved Spider-man and Fantastic Four, Archie, Harvey, and DC.

I remember buying the first issues of Fantastic Four and Amazing Spider-man, and looking foward to each new issue. Those were the days...

I got back into comics around 1990 when my son switched from baseball cards to comics. He liked Spawn and other Image and Valiant while I started liking the 100 pagers and other giants.