• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OK....going for my 1st 9.4???

16 posts in this topic

even new off the rack doesnt get you NM copies anymore.. depends on how it was shipped and how your LCS handles there comics they put for sale... but you do have the best chance for HIGH grades on brand new stuff.. not that it matters (:

Look... you seem like a nice guy. Instead of sending books to CGC to get graded, head over to ebay and buy a few graded books first. You will likely spend a ton of money slabbing 2.00 books and not getting your grading fee back in return. Hvaing a 9.4 1980s X-Men is no big deal, why pay 16.00 a book in grading fees to see if yours is as nice as the other couple of hundred graded copies out there...

Look... you seem like a nice guy. Instead of sending books to CGC to get graded, head over to ebay and buy a few graded books first. You will likely spend a ton of money slabbing 2.00 books and not getting your grading fee back in return. Hvaing a 9.4 1980s X-Men is no big deal, why pay 16.00 a book in grading fees to see if yours is as nice as the other couple of hundred graded copies out there...

That was basically my advice to him yesterday.

Buy some slabbed Copper/Modern books in 8.0-9.8. Most will cost you $20 or less. 9.8's will cost a little more.

(worship)...Thanks, thats the hard facts that I needed to hear.......Ya know it just kinda...yeah I know-"spoons"that I've had & collected mainly from my youth fairly sought after key books..except I could'nt afford/or budget for rather a perfect copy...so I bought average...also picked up some keys here and there in apparantly decent condition.....now being time to sell for various reasons,including wife &kids.......,then seeing ridiculus prices being paid for all kinds of stuff from just a few years ago, or 90's etc.........Anyway It be what it be!..THX...again...done scann'in.....BH

THX....but don't necessarily need to buy more and it was my assumption that to sell on e-bay and get the most amount of $$$ for your books...to get slabbed & verified ..b/c at least they hav'nt been restored...which is major issue!.....however...it all comes back to pure economics and many of mine just wont make the cut.......but I figuered that most would at least sell for over $75...and in many more cases much more......so that is my reasoning behind getting 20-30 books slabbed............

THX....but don't necessarily need to buy more and it was my assumption that to sell on e-bay and get the most amount of $$$ for your books...to get slabbed & verified ..b/c at least they hav'nt been restored...which is major issue!.....however...it all comes back to pure economics and many of mine just wont make the cut.......but I figuered that most would at least sell for over $75...and in many more cases much more......so that is my reasoning behind getting 20-30 books slabbed............

Ah, ok....as Nochips stated, most low/mid grade books will do just as well raw on ebay as their slabbed counterparts. The obvious exceptions to this would be key books where restoration could be an issue.

A good example would be a low grade Amazing Fantasy #15 (1st Spidey). If you had two identical, unrestored copies (let's say 3.0's), the graded copy would sell for much more than the raw book. Mostly for the buyer piece of mind the resto check provides. But, that's a book that is expensive in any grade.

Thanks Ace...think I got it now....only thru one up cause nada was going on here..& I just found that,,,THX. anyway...

You've been busy posting here.

I've missed most of them since I've been putting my new AC the last 5 days.

It's all ready to cool me down tomorrow once I get some help lifting the new unit into the new wall sleeve I put in.

:cloud9: