• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 181 9.6

11 posts in this topic

Not to sound like a little girl with her panties in a wad like some posts around here - wow did you see that Hulk 6 9.4 - drool, but did you see that hulk 181 "9.6" over at Comiclink? Who graded that book? It is so miswrapped that it looks like the cover price is 5 cents! Prior to cgc this is a book I would not have considered to be high grade - it is almost as bad as the miswrap the other direction where you have that big white margin. Thank god it has a laughable asking price - only about $1500 more than what the last one I know about sold for. I think ubmitting a book like that and getting a 9.6 is akin to hitting the lottery or being struck by lightening and makes me wonder about cgc's hard to figure out grading standards. I think CL also has a 9.4 and 9.6 Marvel feature 1 - and the 9.4 looks much better than the 9.6 due to a cover problem with the 9.6 - but the 9.6 has an asking price of $1000 more! One of the reasons it is always good to get a scan of these things but at least professional grading has eliminated the old problems of haggling over book appearances due to subjective and unclear grading standards.

Not to sound like a little girl with her panties in a wad like some posts around here - wow did you see that Hulk 6 9.4 - drool, but did you see that hulk 181 "9.6" over at Comiclink? Who graded that book? It is so miswrapped that it looks like the cover price is 5 cents! Prior to cgc this is a book I would not have considered to be high grade - it is almost as bad as the miswrap the other direction where you have that big white margin. Thank god it has a laughable asking price - only about $1500 more than what the last one I know about sold for. I think ubmitting a book like that and getting a 9.6 is akin to hitting the lottery or being struck by lightening and makes me wonder about cgc's hard to figure out grading standards. I think CL also has a 9.4 and 9.6 Marvel feature 1 - and the 9.4 looks much better than the 9.6 due to a cover problem with the 9.6 - but the 9.6 has an asking price of $1000 more! One of the reasons it is always good to get a scan of these things but at least professional grading has eliminated the old problems of haggling over book appearances due to subjective and unclear grading standards.

Speaking of MF 1...did you get yours ?? - and that Hulk 6 is AWESOME !! - I would grab that before almost 90 % of the stuff that is on that site.

Borock commented on it in that thread, saying it woulda been 9.8/9.9 without the miswrap. But I wouldn't buy it either way...I hate front-to-back miswraps.

You prefer back to front? confused.gif

Steve said the book would have graded a possible 9.8/9.9 if not for that miswrap.....

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Yeah, and that AF 15 would be a sure 6.0 if someone hadn't cut out 10 pages.

Thanks for the laugh; I had forgot all about that (cough) comment.

You prefer back to front? confused.gif

I try not to buy anything more than 1/16" miswrapped, but yea, I prefer back to front. I don't like seeing the price, Marvel Comics Logo, or upper-left character profile cut off like it is on front-to-back miswraps. I know the white stands out more on back-to-front miswraps, but as long as no major artwork is cut off on the right, I prefer them that way. Marvel usually packs more graphic elements on the left than on the right.