• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bought my first CGC comic today - what a deal !!!!!!!!

32 posts in this topic

I am so PUMPED about getting my hands on this comic a Detective #468 in CGC 9.8. :D:grin::):banana:

I never buy CGC comics, but I had to have this one. This issue was the first Detective I ever bought as a kid and I have been looking for a 9.8 for over a year now.

Amazingly I got it for only $77. What a great deal. A dealer has been trying to sell a 9.4 for $75 on ebay for a long time now, so I am excited to get a 9.8

Now I need to find my first Batman and first Brave & Bold issues I bought as 9.8's and my quest will be complete. I am determined to have all 3 of them in 9.8 and that will be the nature of my CGC collection. One down, two to go.

Is it just my imagination, or does 1975-1980 DC comics get a lot less CGC respect than Marvels of the same era. Because when I look at completed auctions, I see X-mens, Spidermans and even Fantastic Fours from the late 1970's sell from $300 to $2000+ in 9.8. So a Marshall Rogers Batman in 9.8 seems like a steal at $77 by comparison. It guides for $35 and the case cost $15, so the premium is only $27 for a 9.8

By comparison, I saw a late 1970's Fantastic Four in 9.8 that guides for $12 sell for $400. Wow - glad I collect DC.

I am so PUMPED about getting my hands on this comic a Detective #468 in CGC 9.8. :D:grin::):banana:

I never buy CGC comics, but I had to have this one. This issue was the first Detective I ever bought as a kid and I have been looking for a 9.8 for over a year now.

Amazingly I got it for only $77. What a great deal. A dealer has been trying to sell a 9.4 for $75 on ebay for a long time now, so I am excited to get a 9.8

Now I need to find my first Batman and first Brave & Bold issues I bought as 9.8's and my quest will be complete. I am determined to have all 3 of them in 9.8 and that will be the nature of my CGC collection. One down, two to go.

Is it just my imagination, or does 1975-1980 DC comics get a lot less CGC respect than Marvels of the same era. Because when I look at completed auctions, I see X-mens, Spidermans and even Fantastic Fours from the late 1970's sell from $300 to $2000+ in 9.8. So a Marshall Rogers Batman in 9.8 seems like a steal at $77 by comparison. It guides for $35 and the case cost $15, so the premium is only $27 for a 9.8

By comparison, I saw a late 1970's Fantastic Four in 9.8 that guides for $12 sell for $400. Wow - glad I collect DC.

:golfclap: nice pick up

Congrats!

I`m sure you`ll get it but you should check out this thread.

BULLDOG COLLECTIBLES ARE SCAM ARTISTS

I was well aware of the thread slamming them before I bid. But their overall feedback is great so I don't think there will be any problems.

Hey, for all I know, that thread stopped others from bidding and making me pay more, so maybe its a good thing for me.

Congrats!

I`m sure you`ll get it but you should check out this thread.

BULLDOG COLLECTIBLES ARE SCAM ARTISTS

I was well aware of the thread slamming them before I bid. But their overall feedback is great so I don't think there will be any problems.

Hey, for all I know, that thread stopped others from bidding and making me pay more, so maybe its a good thing for me.

Groovy (thumbs u

Is it just my imagination, or does 1975-1980 DC comics get a lot less CGC respect than Marvels of the same era.

DCs don't get a lot of respect. Period. It's an older comics company whose time has "come and gone" according to many Marvel Zombies. Yes, many faults abound, but DCs have a charm all to its own. Kudos in collecting what you love.

What you will also find is that circulation of comics during the "implosion" era was significantly decreased. Some of the DCs during this era are almost as tough in ultra high grade as some of the late sixties issues.

Is it just my imagination, or does 1975-1980 DC comics get a lot less CGC respect than Marvels of the same era.

DCs don't get a lot of respect.

I don't know about that. When Batman 227 sells for over $1000 and Green Lantern 76 goes for over $5000, I would say that is plenty of respect. But I just don't see a lot of CGC graded DC's being made available for sale on ebay post 1975 compared to the amount of Marvels offered.

DCs don't get a lot of respect.

I don't know about that. When Batman 227 sells for over $1000 and Green Lantern 76 goes for over $5000, I would say that is plenty of respect. But I just don't see a lot of CGC graded DC's being made available for sale on ebay post 1975 compared to the amount of Marvels offered.

DC books in the time period of that issue were not really well-like by those of us buying books back then. Thus, there's a significantly smaller amount of nostalgic appeal for those books, which translates to a lower overall premium.

Which is good for those who do feel nostalgia for those books, as well as DC completists, if there are any actually out there besides the usual suspects