• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Montreal Comic Con Sept. 15-16, 2007

76 posts in this topic

I don't know if this has been posted already, but there will be a 2 day comic con here September 15-16.

http://www.majorcomics.safeshopper.com/

I hope some of you will make the trip, as this is the only comic book convention in our great city. The organizers have been doing it for about 3 years now (2-3 times per year), and it gets better each time, but it would be nice to see some new faces to help it keep growing.

It's small by US and Toronto standards, but it is stress-free and rather intimate compared to the mega shows, AND there are several sellers up here that those of you South of the border NEVER get to see. There is nice selection of Silver through Modern Age books, with some Golden Age stuff, depending on who pitches their tent in the room - Harley Yee sometimes attends.

Who knows what kind of gems can be found up here - I had a few CAPTAIN AMERICA issues in the #70s, some CDN whites, and a FOUR COLOR #16 for sale up here (alas all are gone now). ALL found in Montreal.

And the guest line-up might be our best so far.

Anyways, check-out the link and I hope to see some of you up here - it would be great to meet some fellow boarders (so far I've met only 2).

Guests? I only see the guests for last April.

The website isn't the easiest to navigate nor is the spelling 100% precise :P, but you can find the guest list for Sept. 15-16 by clicking the link at the bottom right of the guest info page where it says "15-16 Sept. 2007 guests"

How come I've never seen James Payette at a show in Montreal? He's only about a two hour drive away in NH.

Mike

Well, I would guess he is unaware of the shows. And secondly, it might not be worth his time to attend as a dealer (border issues, etc...). What we need is better crowds at our local cons. Advertisement, or lack thereof, has been a huge problem the last few years, which is why I've posted it here in the hopes of attracting some new faces.

Out of curiosity, is anyone planning on attending this con? If not, why not (if you're a local)?

It's good to know why locals WON'T attend a given event. Using that knowledge the promoter can hopefully improve the event so that more people DO attend.

Thanks for your time!

Guests include:

Comics legend RICH BUCKLER (JUST ADDED)

MARK TEXEIRA (Ghost Rider, Wolverine artist & painter)

DALE EAGLESHAM (JSA artist)

SERGE LAPOINTE (Ultimate X-Men inker)

ERIC THERIAULT (Veena creator)

YANICK PAQUETTE (Ultimate X-Men penciller)

CLEMENT SAUVE (Pantheon City artist)

WESLEY CRAIG (Texas Chainsaw Massacre artist)

JOSE HOLDER

MR. SIRKOWSKI

Karl Kerschl was going to attend but had to cancel.

Oscar called me and left a message, and I've been looking into a way to come and accept submissions but it doesn't look like I will be able to do this. If circumstances change I'll let you know...

Out of curiosity, is anyone planning on attending this con? If not, why not (if you're a local)?

It's good to know why locals WON'T attend a given event. Using that knowledge the promoter can hopefully improve the event so that more people DO attend.

Thanks for your time!

hm Maybe

Glad to hear a few boarders might be in attendance!

The organizer is working hard at making this a better event each time (needs better promotion though...), but it needs people to show up and help foster its growth. Having some popular guests and K. Boyd representing the CGC Signature Series really helped attendance last time, but it can do MUCH better.

By the way, the promoter announced the dates for the next 3 shows, which is reassuring and a good idea.

Happy collecting (and of course reading)!

Feel free to PM me if any of board members (especially out of towners) want to hook up for a beer 'n grub Saturday evening after the con.

Are you going to have a booth?

Mike

Yep - I sure will. I do not have a sign yet, but I'll be there with one of the most thrown together wall set-ups you can find. :P , which should help you locate me (if you want to). I've got 3 tables (+ perhaps a 4th from home - one of those plastic gray ones) and I'm 6 feet tall, shaved head, glasses (or not), and perhaps the youngest dealer in the house.

See you this week-end(?)

Feel free to PM me if any of board members (especially out of towners) want to hook up for a beer 'n grub Saturday evening after the con.

Are you going to have a booth?

Mike

Yep - I sure will. I do not have a sign yet, but I'll be there with one of the most thrown together wall set-ups you can find. :P , which should help you locate me (if you want to). I've got 3 tables (+ perhaps a 4th from home - one of those plastic gray ones) and I'm 6 feet tall, shaved head, glasses (or not), and perhaps the youngest dealer in the house.

See you this week-end(?)

Yikes - it sure seems like I'm writing a personals ad!!!! lol