• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Montreal Comic Con Sept. 15-16, 2007

76 posts in this topic

Yes, there was a small bi-monthly comicon in Vancouver, BC Sunday Sept. 16/07. Some dealers brought their restocked comics from Chicago comicon. Lots of nice Marvelmania era paper collectibles that were scooped up by dealer's privelage. I won't say anymore, as greggy is MUCH better at telling tall tales of his comic book memorabilia buying prowess. :jokealert:

How was the show in Ottawa on Sunday?

What show?

The next Con I have marked down is for Oct 21, and I was in Montreal all weekend.

The show in Vancouver, I assume? You can't be referring to traveling all the way Boston.

Consider yourself lucky you missed GACollectibles and his long-haired friends. They make those dateless, breadstick-armed nerds look like good company.

I would have loved to have gone, Montreal is one of my favorite cities and the missus and I had even discussed a fall trip up, but the timing was bad.

Hey now! I did one of those guys once had a date!

What show?

The next Con I have marked down is for Oct 21, and I was in Montreal all weekend.

The show in Vancouver, I assume? You can't be referring to traveling all the way Boston.

Consider yourself lucky you missed GACollectibles and his long-haired friends. They make those dateless, breadstick-armed nerds look like good company.

I would have loved to have gone, Montreal is one of my favorite cities and the missus and I had even discussed a fall trip up, but the timing was bad.

As far as I know there is no comicon in Vancouver... multi-day atleast. Everyone here seems to be into that manga krap.

As far as I know there is no comicon in Vancouver... multi-day atleast. Everyone here seems to be into that manga krap.

No multi-day events, but Leonard Wong continues to put on his one-day shows. The one on October 21st is a "Toy/Model/Horror/Heroes" show and he's having a full-on Vancouver Comicon on Sunday November 9.

http://mypage.uniserve.ca/~lswong/Comicon.html

How was the show in Ottawa on Sunday? I was hoping Guy Leger would be at the Montreal show as I've heard he often has nice books. Someone told me he skipped because of the Ottawa show.

Mike

There was a Sunday show in Ottawa and Guelph, another Ontario dealer, split after Saturday to attend the Ottawa show. Too bad for locals expecting to see Guy Leger.

What show?

The Ottawa promoter holds regulat monthly or bi-monthly small-scale events, which this is one of, and 2 larger ones - the enxt in near the end of October. By the way, the locale has moved fro mthe CIvic Center to something called the "Cattle Castle" by the locals.

The Ottawa promoter holds regulat monthly or bi-monthly small-scale events, which this is one of, and 2 larger ones - the enxt in near the end of October. By the way, the locale has moved fro mthe CIvic Center to something called the "Cattle Castle" by the locals.

You might mean the smaller card and comic shows at the Nepean Sportsplex?

As for the semi-annual Cons, they tend to switch between the Civic Center and across the parking lot at the Cattle Castle. I prefer the latter since it means no winding trips down stairs and hallways. Just right in the front door.

You might mean the smaller card and comic shows at the Nepean Sportsplex?

As for the semi-annual Cons, they tend to switch between the Civic Center and across the parking lot at the Cattle Castle. I prefer the latter since it means no winding trips down stairs and hallways. Just right in the front door.

Oh, is that where it is? I've set-up there once before without knowing it was the "Cattle Castle", and it was HOT inside... Thank goodness it's the fall this time...

As for Montreal, there will be a 1 day show in December. Check out their website for details.

I've set-up there once before without knowing it was the "Cattle Castle", and it was HOT inside... Thank goodness it's the fall this time...

I can remember going in there 2 summers ago and it was just putrid. The humidity level was like 120% and after I went through a few longboxes, I felt like I'd run a marathon.

I'm hoping that it's not 25+ C in October, otherwise I might skip it.

I've set-up there once before without knowing it was the "Cattle Castle", and it was HOT inside... Thank goodness it's the fall this time...

I can remember going in there 2 summers ago and it was just putrid. The humidity level was like 120% and after I went through a few longboxes, I felt like I'd run a marathon.

I'm hoping that it's not 25+ C in October, otherwise I might skip it.

That's the show I'm talking about. It was one of my worst shows ever - from the heat, to a box splitting in two as I was unloading, to having to sell a HULK #181 and a CONAN #1 for under guide to cover my expenses and get into the black.

Ah, the memories.... :tonofbricks:

No multi-day events, but Leonard Wong continues to put on his one-day shows. The one on October 21st is a "Toy/Model/Horror/Heroes" show and he's having a full-on Vancouver Comicon on Sunday November 9.

http://mypage.uniserve.ca/~lswong/Comicon.html

Sunday is family and church day in my house so until there is an event on Saturday I won't be going to any conventions here in Vancouver. It is a shame, as I'm sure Vancouver could support a multi-day convention. Especially if they have toys and manga type stuff. Manga is just HUGE here. I don't even really know what it is...

I've spoken with Leonard about doing multi-day comic shows in the Vancouver area and he says he does not believe that the market would support one, and I'm not aware of anyone else having plans to do a multi-day comic show, so I guess you are out of luck (unless you want to bring your family to the existing shows after going to church).

I've spoken with Leonard about doing multi-day comic shows in the Vancouver area and he says he does not believe that the market would support one, and I'm not aware of anyone else having plans to do a multi-day comic show, so I guess you are out of luck (unless you want to bring your family to the existing shows after going to church).
A multi-day show in Vancouver will suck more than the daily ones. Any small timers with new stuff probably can't afford it and the regulars have the same old, same old junk.

eddly,

There is a small comic & toy show on [font:Arial Black]Sat. [/font] Oct. 6/07, Nov. 3/07 and Dec. 1/07 at the Croation Ctr in East Vancouver. Free admission too.

Also, safe to bring your family to Word on the Street (comix) festival on Sunday Sept. 30/07 at downtown Vancouver Central Library basement level. Free admission. 2c