• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game: BRONZE AGE SURVIVOR SERIES - Round 7

Choose the next BA book to leave  

330 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the next BA book to leave

100 posts in this topic

STILL keeping the Defenders around? I just can't believe this. Shadow, no disrespect, but I don't know how you can vote for ASM 122 BEFORE something like MF 1. The others are at least minor keys of note, but this... this is frustrating. And to place one of the premiere Spidey books of any age behind it? I'm in a minor state of shock.

I understand it's a famous Spidey issue which I'd choose to own over a lot of the B-listers on this list. Had they kept Norman Osborn dead, I'd consider it. And I know it's a good read. I guess I'm giving 1st appearances more weight. Heck, I think the Defenders are pretty bad. I always felt Marvel said "let's take the remaining characters who aren't in a super-group and make one for them". I love the Twisted Toyfare's stories with them. They're spot on. lol

Right now, there's plenty I could vote off. I guess I felt "contrarian" .

Heck, I think the Defenders are pretty bad. I always felt Marvel said "let's take the remaining characters who aren't in a super-group and make one for them". I love the Twisted Toyfare's stories with them. They're spot on.

TTF is great. The only thing Wizard does that's worth anything.

Heck, I think the Defenders are pretty bad. I always felt Marvel said "let's take the remaining characters who aren't in a super-group and make one for them". I love the Twisted Toyfare's stories with them. They're spot on.

TTF is great. The only thing Wizard does that's worth anything.

I agree. They're hilarious at times.

Is this contest about who were the biggest books/influences during the copper age, or who came out of the copper age as the biggest?

It's about all and none of the above. Think of these books on a reality tv show where after the voting is done you get to keep the remaining list. Which books would you bump in order to save the greats? Separate the wheat from the shaft so to speak.

"...wheat from the chaff."

but i like your version, too

I voted Werewolf this time. Monsters packaged as lame superheros must go.

What a feeble stunt that would be. The House of Ideas was surely there first, right?

Jack

Kinda looks like a Snake Eyes with Timber prototype.

Well, I understand that someone brought Osborn back from the dead (I didn't know Marvel characters could do that?), but frankly, I'm not recognizing that storyline with him and Gwen. :P Call it willful ignorance. And it's such a dramatic conclusion to that story-arc which also spawned the Harry-Peter feud that took place in the 120s-130s resulting in Harry becoming GG2. So, even if Norman hasn't technically remained dead (stupid Marvel), it still produced some great follow on storylines which (in my mind) rank higher in value than some minor sub-keys.

Of course, I'm not trying to sway you--- we all know everyone just votes for what they do and do not like. I'm just saying whether or not Marvel has bastardized one of their greatest comics, it's still a highly significant book.