• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AMERICAN SPLENDOR

5 posts in this topic

I screwed up large with this flick; I was given free passes and missed the preview night. I will likely watch it soon, and if I don't get it from my connection, I'll wait until it hits DVD. I've heard good things about it, but from what I've heard, be prepared to watch the anti-hollywood film.

I've heard nothing but great things about this film. Not so much from a comic book angle - really, Pekar's stuff is more just illustrated running monologue or dialogue for many pages - but in terms of the film itself and the depth of the characters.

I also heard an interview with the woman who plays Pekar's wife (actress Hope Davis), and she made the whole shooting/production of the film sound fascinating, with Pekar more interested in the lunch buffet than the scenes, and his wife scrutinizing everything from the sidelines... Can't wait to see it.