• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A nice story

37 posts in this topic

Since of late there have been enough drama filled stories going on, thought I'd add some balance to the boards for a positive for a change.

One of the frustrating parts about being a collector in this hobby and being far away across the pacific pond, is the diffculty of being able to get the books that you would like to add to your collection.

Case in point, scouring my way through Ebay, seeking those books i would like to fill holes within my collections I come across a book that is an instant add on to my list (the book is nothing major, noteworthy or expensive...just a comic series i've enjoyed). I happily scroll though until i come to that one phrase that always frustrates me to no end "no international bidders at all".

"Bugger it" i say. It is hard enough not being surrounded by choice conventions and comic stores, but when you find a book that adds nicely to your collection and there is a 1000 foot wall blocking you, you feel all you can do is just beat your head against the wall in frustration (it is why i chuckle when i hear people complain about having to pay $8 in shipping for a $2 book...try paying $15-$20 for the self same book and see what your reaction is :censored: ).

But this story has a good side to it though, thanks to a forumite on here. He always gets lambasted, tar'd and feathered for his singular purpose of collecting a series made up of nothing but the highest quality books he can find.

So i have a major kudo's to MutantKeys.

Danny and i have dealt in the past on one or two books and i had asked of him a favour to bid on the book for me and mail it hen received. Now considering he didn't have to do it as he could have got stuck with a book and bill for a book that he had no interest in.

So, muchly appreciated Danny and when i finally get across your way for a convention the first couple of rounds are on me, thanks mate (thumbs u

Danny and i have dealt in the past on one or two books and i had asked of him a favour to bid on the book for me and mail it hen received. Now considering he didn't have to do it as he could have got stuck with a book and bill for a book that he had no interest in.

So, muchly appreciated Danny and when i finally get across your way for a convention the first couple of rounds are on me, thanks mate (thumbs u

Very nice, big ups Danny. :applause: Hope you enjoy the con today!

Very nice, big ups Danny. :applause: Hope you enjoy the con today!

:headbang: Nice Danny!

Nice one MK, always nice to hear stuff like this.

Now I know who to grease up to, so I can save on my shipping costs :jokealert:

Yeah, Danny's great and all, but..."grease up"....??!!

:sick:

lol erm, yeah....better put that down to being "lost in translation"

I like to roast MK's chestnuts from time to time, but he really is a great guy. I think he kind of likes it though, sort of like chat board S&M. whip.gif
:golfclap:

You're a meanie troll! :sick:
Briere and Drury

See! (tsk)

Brett Hull's skate in crease

Bills won last night. :cloud9:

Now we hi-jacked this poor guys nice story thread you dork.

Briere and Drury

See! (tsk)

Big whoop. Nik is being my joe boy in Chicago. :baiting:

Briere and Drury

See! (tsk)

Big whoop. Nik is being my joe boy in Chicago. :baiting:

I don't even wanna know what that job entails.

Briere and Drury

See! (tsk)

It's only ice hockey, nothing important :P

Briere and Drury

See! (tsk)

It's only ice hockey, nothing important :P

Bills = NFL, dork