• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'd be all over this book but...

6 posts in this topic

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsection%2Easp%3Fid%3D1052%26f1%3Di%2ELastUpdate%26ODire1%3DDESC%26pg%3D2&id=714010

for the obvious defect that ruins it for me. I can't believe the label doesn't note it; I've seen plenty of books with a label noting that defect and I couldn't even make it out. CGC needs to be more consistent.

Rust migration from staples and notable foxing = <8.0

This is the kind of book that if it had been sold raw as an 8.0, people would be commenting that the seller didn't know how to grade.

Actually, I stopped looking at the book after I saw the staple and didn't notice the foxing. However, I know that CGC doesn't ding books much (or at all, it sometimes seems) for foxing, which is pretty common for D copies.

Shame, this is a case where if I owned the book I'd clean the staple and spare the book from further damage (PLOD be damned).