• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newest New X-men

9 posts in this topic

Anybody get a chance to check this one out?

I could see something coming with Xorn (a character I really disliked at first), but I have to be honest and say I didn't see this one coming....

I don't want to give any spoilers, but I am not real please with the results of this issue (although I knew it would have to happen sooner or later)...

893blahblah.gif

I thought the developments were verrrrrry interesting. Nice to see some actual, somewhat coherent STUFF happening in this book again! That whole "Weapon Plus" thing was just too prototypical Grant Morrison for me. I'm actually looking forward to the next issue!

i love the deveopments as well!!! I think a lot of my displeasure with the last storyline was how awful bachalo has become, it just made grant's writing that much harder to gel with. I think Grant works better with certain artists (Quitely for one) and bachalo just clashed. Sort of like the rule, you frame a plain picture with an ornate frame or an ornate picture with a plain frame so they don't compete. Ornate writing & art just make an ugly mess! sign-rantpost.gif

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying the storyline and am looking forward to seeing what happens...but some things aren't sitting well with me...

Like a previous issue with Xorn running around the city chasing the boy that turned into a huge rhino thing? Sensing he would be "fully mature" and all that? That story seems rather inconsistant to the most current developments

i dunno...

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying the storyline and am looking forward to seeing what happens...but some things aren't sitting well with me...

Like a previous issue with Xorn running around the city chasing the boy that turned into a huge rhino thing? Sensing he would be "fully mature" and all that? That story seems rather inconsistant to the most current developments

i dunno...

I dig it, but you don't think this was Morrison's plan for the character all along? I don't know, he just seems faaaarrr too fastidious to make such an obvious blunder. I mean, Xorn was supposedly a "healer"... I'm sure we're going to get a lesson in the myriad possibilities for abilities that come with magnetic "powers".

in that issue "Xorn" said something about "neo-sentinels," methinks these are just nano-machines, hence being able to control them magneticly

(if it is, i apoligize since i'm missing a huge chunk in New XM)

:-/