• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can't find my book

21 posts in this topic

When I went to scan my books yesterday, I discovered that my Mystery Tales #12 Big Apple was AWOL. I looked all over the house but couldn't find it. If anyone remembers seeing it at the dinner, please let me know. I'm trying to figure out just when this book went missing. Here's a generic scan from GCD

http://www.comics.org/coverview.lasso?id=211803&zoom=4

Mine had no distinguishing ped designations, but it did have a COA stating it was from the Big Apple collection. Stephen Ritter had it graded a VF-. I seem to remember talking to someone about the book at the dinner because it's HTF. But I don't remember who that person was. Any help would be appreciated.

Angelo

I brought all my books home with me Kenny. I live 5 minutes from the convention center. I'm hoping I'm just a knucklehead and put it somewhere I can't find. If no one remembers seein git at the dinner, then I'll have to rethink everything.

Angelo,

You showed me your purchases toward the end of the day Saturday when we did our trade. I don't remember seeing it then. You may have had it in a different box.

You did say it was HTF. Hopefully it will turn up.

Richard

hey

come to think of it, I spent a decent amount of time reviewing all your books (if you remember, we were talking about all the great spirits you got from MC)...and , I don't recall seeing the book, as you would likely have pointed out to me that it was the BA copy, right? admittedly, I am no expert on the books, so I may have seen it and not remembered? but I did "fondle' all your pile, just don't have the recollection...sorry

rick

No, thanks Rick. I've heard from a couple of people now that don't remember seeing it at the dinner, or even earlier in the day. That tells me that I probably didn't have it at the time. Which means I have to search around the house again. Hopefully I'll find the darned thing.

No, thanks Rick. I've heard from a couple of people now that don't remember seeing it at the dinner, or even earlier in the day. That tells me that I probably didn't have it at the time. Which means I have to search around the house again. Hopefully I'll find the darned thing.
:wishluck:

dude, life gets rushed and things happen. I misplaced a perfect copy of an Avengers book in the mid #140's and to this day cannot find it. Good luck in finding it. I don't remember seeing it. Anyone have a cover image..might help.

R.

dude, life gets rushed and things happen. I misplaced a perfect copy of an Avengers book in the mid #140's and to this day cannot find it. Good luck in finding it. I don't remember seeing it. Anyone have a cover image..might help.

R.

Right now that looks like what's happened. The concensus seems to be that I didn't have it with me on Saturday. There's a link to a scan from GCD in my initial post.

Not that I saw all your books, Angelo, but I don't recall that book at all. Sorry, pal.