• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Securing two 11x17's

13 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

One of my splash pages came in two separate pieces. What is the best type of tape to use to secure the two boards together? The other pieces I have came already connected with some kind of paper tape. I was wondering if there was a brand that is recommended. I know acidity in the adhesive is a concern. I'm looking at something permanent prior to framing when I get back home.

You can probably find something at a "Michael's" or similiar framing place. That is where i got my archival tape when doing my own framing.

But this topic makes me wonder what type of tape is used to hold the DPS I currently have together. If the artist did it it is probably the worst kind of tape available

But this topic makes me wonder what type of tape is used to hold the DPS I currently have together. If the artist did it it is probably the worst kind of tape available

Yeah, I doubt the artist was thinking about the life of the art. They probably just slapped something on for convienence while working.

Most of the DPS pages I have seen already connected by the artist employ a masking tape like product. I doubt it is archival and seems hard to remove after a certain time frame. I wonder if there is a way to frame a DPS without taping the 2 pages together? Perhaps with those plastic triangle deals or a custom clip of a similar sort that framers use.

George,

When you have it framed, the shop can seam them together with the archival type. It's what they do when you have something framed with a matting, they secure it in place with this tape.

NO scotch, masking, black electrical, duct or anything else.... :baiting: