• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help/info on vintage star wars figures/afa

26 posts in this topic

Hi

I had posted this in the WC but it was suggested that I post it here...not necessarily comic related so if this doesn't belong here I'm sorry :foryou:

I was looking for the best place for info on vintage star wars figures, ie variants, card variants, card backs etc...looking for a complete list of what was made. A book, a website??

Also, looking for any information on AFA...is this the CGC of toy grading, or the PGX :insane: What grade would be akin to a 9.4 (85??)

I've also sent a PM to NewtSamson as was also recommened, but have yet to hear back from him...any info would be appreciated!! Thanks!!

Hi

I was looking for the best place for info on vintage star wars figures, ie variants, card variants, card backs etc...looking for a complete list of what was made. A book, a website??

This is a great place to start, just look at their archives...

www.rebelscum.com

:headbang:

Hi

This is a great place to start, just look at their archives...

www.rebelscum.com

:headbang:

Thanks...I'll check it out!!

I have a set of 1982 GI Joe's that were graded by AFA. I sent some in for grading myself and bought others from dealers or off ebay. In my opinion, they are the CGC of the action figure community. They know what they are doing, have a great product, and are well respected and trusted in the action figure collecting community. Much like CGC, there are collectors that like their product and other collectors who do not.

For what it is worth, I plan on putting together a 1983 set of Joes and will continue to either get them graded myself or will buy them already graded.

2c

Ah, I remember about 10-15 years ago finding a guy on the internet who had a half box of the vinyl caped Jawas - the story was that his brother ran the movie theatre, and these were give-aways at the time. Got them for a song. Wouldn't ever think of doing it these days with such high quality repros out there....

I have a set of 1982 GI Joe's that were graded by AFA. I sent some in for grading myself and bought others from dealers or off ebay. In my opinion, they are the CGC of the action figure community. They know what they are doing, have a great product, and are well respected and trusted in the action figure collecting community. Much like CGC, there are collectors that like their product and other collectors who do not.

For what it is worth, I plan on putting together a 1983 set of Joes and will continue to either get them graded myself or will buy them already graded.

2c

Thanks Lantern, I appreciate your comments!!...how is the pricing/turnaround time?

Ah, I remember about 10-15 years ago finding a guy on the internet who had a half box of the vinyl caped Jawas - the story was that his brother ran the movie theatre, and these were give-aways at the time. Got them for a song. Wouldn't ever think of doing it these days with such high quality repros out there....

Vinyl caped Jawas :luhv:

Have any left? Or did you move them all with the movie buzz a few years back??

I can remember buying them and opening them. What a mistake.

Ditto. Then, I remember actually playing with them... doh! I even took them outside in the dirt, mud and water. A fortune wasted. :P

Yup, geesh, who knew that toys were not to be played with? :screwy: