• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Comic Weekly Sunday, April 9, 1939

13 posts in this topic

I love seeing the note about Ward Kimball and his trains. It was his love for trains and his backyard setup that got Walt Disney interested in having one for his backyard, and, when that wasn't big enough, to design a park for one. Disneyland.

I think it was just last year that they had a big two part sale of Ward's train collection.

I love seeing the note about Ward Kimball and his trains. It was his love for trains and his backyard setup that got Walt Disney interested in having one for his backyard, and, when that wasn't big enough, to design a park for one. Disneyland.

I think it was just last year that they had a big two part sale of Ward's train collection.

Re: Ward and his trains. Within the last month, I saw him talk about them twice. One was a circa 70s interview with the recently departed Tom Snyder with actual footage of Ward's network and shed. Also, I saw Ward's appearance on You Bet Your Life, the TV version. As you can imagine Groucho went to town on this one. Barely any mention of Ward's work for Disney got mentioned. I've been on a You Bet Your Life kick over the last month, commuting with Groucho Marx running a great show. Anyway, I'm sure one can search through YouTube to find both clips. (thumbs u

Flash Gordon sure jumps out at you and clearly stands out from the rest of the crowd

Prince Valiant :sumo:

Here's a pic I already had up. Regarding the Disney's, it'd be a nice project to cross reference the Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse gags originally printed in newspapers to the later Comics and Stories in which they were reprinted.

duckpage.jpg

news2.jpg