• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where is all the Amazing Spider-Man art?

6 posts in this topic

Where is all the Amazing Spider-Man art?

1. What happeend to all the 80's ASM OA? Does Mike Burkey have most of it? If so, there is not much of it on his site, so does that mean its not for sale?

2. What would be the best way to get pages from an ASM issue released only a month or two ago?

Thanks!

Rac

Rac,

85 views and no replies? This is interesting. I cannot answer question 2. I do not collect recent ASM art.

As for question 1, Mike Burkey has expressed his sincere intent to collect as many pages as possible from issues 39-297. I have never traveled to Burkey's palace, but, for those who have, it is truly a sight to see from what they wrote. Mike has been amenable to selling pages from the non-Romita, Sr. issues if the price is right. I have seen a couple of pages from ASM 129 that used to be in his collection but now reside elsewhere. As for the Romita, Sr. pages, the price really has to be in a much larger ballpark for him to part with one of those pages. Regardless, if you do not contact him directly, then you will never know.

Ciao!

PRC

I just sold the cover art to ASM #375 last week. I had it posted in my CAF and was contacted from a guy through that. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse so I let it roll. I think alot of it is sold like that. I think there's alot of stuff going on but not out in the open where everybody can see.

Racoon,

It does seem like there isn't a lot of ASM art out there from the '80s. It does come up occasionally. There are a few pieces on ebay right now from issue 286 (1985). I usually track the final bids and yes, it does seem like Mike Burkey wins his share.

New art from ASM: Try The Artist's Choice, which has the Ron Garney pages.

I see Mike Deodato pages on e-bay about ever month or so.