• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Valiant appreciation thread

162 posts in this topic

Seriously guys, Valiantman (or, as I like to think of him as "Super-G") has done an amazing thing for all of us that are members & fans. He didn't intend to, but out of his love he sparked a following that I dare say is unrivaled in the DU world. (Well, I guess it's not a dead universe anymore :lol: ) Well, unrivaled outside of the "Big 4" anyways. Our numbers may appear small, but we are mighty indeed, and for the most part...united. And, the friends I've made there (sckao, ckb, medicar, valiantman, and many others on this board) are great people who support & help each other. Don't be shy about coming over. We are a family, but we love adopting new members! But, I just wanted to take a moment here to thank Valiantman for his work, and I know I'm not the only one.

:thumbsup:

LONG LIVE VALIANT!!!!

I concurr. Valiantfans.com have been one of the best sources of Valiant info out there and still is today. The members there are perhaps the most friendly folks I've ever encountered on any forums I have participated. It was even better meeting a few of them in person at shows too. Definitely a thumbs up to Greg for his hard work and Valiant effort. (thumbs u

Congrats to worldsbest for taking over the top Registry slot!

As for Valiant appreciation: here's a blast from the past! From the Aug 2005 CGC newsletter

Newsletter

ph_0508_valient.jpg

If we could just get that dork out from in front of the books!!! :wishluck:

*sigh*

Not a single 9.6 in that picture. I give it a hardy thumbs down. :baiting:

:gossip: Except for the Harb #1 9.6 right above his head. (thumbs u

The new Harbinger HC has been cancelled :frustrated:

It's not cancelled! Only problem right now is that Diamond Distributor dropped it due to the pending dispute over the trademarks. However your LCS can still order the books directly from Valiant. You can get the details over at www.valiantfans.com. By the way, you can still get this book through large online retailers like Amazon and Barnes & Noble. I also heard a number of online mail order comic subscriptions are also ordering directly from Valiant. My copy just arrived yesterday from Amazon. :banana:

The new Harbinger HC has been cancelled :frustrated:

I say thee nay too!

thor.gif

Amazon.com can hook you up or go to the Valiantcomics.com boards. Someone there can help you out as well.

Sorry to double up on the info, I just like to "say thee nay!" lol

I got tired of waiting for my LCS and ordered my Harbinger HC today from CKB :banana:

Oh, yeah. And this came in the mail :)

The label may say 9.6 but the books screams, "I'm a 9.8!"

hm I guess the graders wear earplugs. (shrug)

:kidaround:

Those are some killer scores. There are still some nice Valiants to be found at bargain prices. Here is my pre-Unity run of Solar.

th_Solar1CGC9.jpgth_Solar2CGC9.jpgth_Solar3CGC9.jpgth_Solar4CGC9.8WWBC.jpgth_Solar5CGC9.jpgth_Solar6CGC9.jpg

th_Solar7CGC9.jpgth_Solar8CGC9.jpgth_Solar9CGC9.jpgth_Solar10CGC9.jpgth_Solar102ndprintCGC9.8WWBC.jpgth_Solar11CGC9.jpg

:applause:

(That Solar #10 Second Print doesn't qualify as "pre-Unity", but we'll let it slide for the moment.) :grin: