• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stolen Avengers artwork found at garage sale.

65 posts in this topic

I assume AvengersFan and Stronguy mean Bechara Maalouf where they've written Becarra? Just want to make sure I'm on the same page as everybody.

Get it? OA? Same page? Har-har-har!

:boo:

doh!

Where's the person_without_enough_empathyslap graemlin? :baiting:

Could you explain what the "subby" thing is? DId someone draw on the art?

Red

Yes, please...WTF is the Subby Thing????(shrug)

Sorry...I am very intrigued by this story but am OA knowledge-challenged!

Oh and another question...what is this about no OA covers existing from early SA Marvels? Please explain! :foryou:

Red

Sub-Mariner on the original splash of #3 is a separate piece of art... not a stat just drawn on a separate piece of board (he keeps it with the splash). If you view the full page without it there is this huge blank spot where Subby would be. That is until for some insane reason Bechara had some artist recreate it... on the f'in splash! :whatthe:

I'm sure he regrets this b/c it has cut the price of this piece to a fraction of what it would be had it not been done. There is no doubt that would be a $50k+ page.

too many things in this story don't add up. nobody can track down the original owner of the missing art? the garage sale would be a great place to sell stolen items from an airport. it'll be interesting to see how this story ends. i think the splash is worth 25k +

This artwork was stolen recently (as within the past 60 days) from the Dallas/Ft.Worth airport.

The movie poster that was mentioned belongs to me and was a lobby card from xxx (sorry I had to remove the name).

The artwork all belonged to a well-known musician and was on it's way to Heritage when it was stolen.

The artwork all belonged to a well-known musician and was on it's way to Heritage when it was stolen.

Thanks for the additional info...but why do people (not just you) make posts like this where they reveal a tidbit of some interesting scoop but then don't name names? I guess I can understand if you are on the Tonight Show and not wanting to shout out somebody's name...but geez...this is a freakin' obscure ultra-niche message board for crying out loud! What's up with all the secrecy? Sheesh! rantrant

OK I feel better now...on with the regularly scheduled top secret investigation with names removed to protect the innocent...

Because the people who brought the stolen artwork to Heritage are filing suit to try and recover it, I really can't give more details until it is settled.

Is that good enough for you?

No, know I'm all confused again. So seller A gets his artwork stolen from him at the Dallas Airport. Buyer M finds the said artwork at a garage sale for $1 and then gets busted by the cops. And Heritage, who offered to sell the artwork for seller M keeps the artwork until the dispute if settled? What about seller A? Where is he in all this?

Thanks for the additional info...but why do people (not just you) make posts like this where they reveal a tidbit of some interesting scoop but then don't name names? I guess I can understand if you are on the Tonight Show and not wanting to shout out somebody's name...but geez...this is a freakin' obscure ultra-niche message board for crying out loud! What's up with all the secrecy? Sheesh! rantrant

OK I feel better now...on with the regularly scheduled top secret investigation with names removed to protect the innocent...

Well it's most likely Glen Danzig, even though the terms "well known" and "musician" barely apply.

Well it's most likely Glen Danzig, even though the terms "well known" and "musician" barely apply.

Most likely you don't know what you're talking about.

And in answer to the previous question: When Heritage received the call about the artwork they told M to bring it in for them to see, they then contacted both the police and seller A where an operation was organized in case their suspicions were correct and it was the stolen artwork.

Danzig is cool in the late '70's to early '80's Misfits era.

This page is cooler than Danzig.

If there is civil litigation and a criminal investigation, it will take 24 months at least to resolve.

In the meantime, I want the damn page and would pay the numbers contemplated herein...Loki has a swell profile.

I love the fact that we now know why you were looking at your AV1 too stronguy.

I used to own the Avengers 3 splash and traded it to Bechara. When I owned it the Sub-Mariner image was a stat firmly fixed to the page with no art underneath. It was a stunning splash with a great image of the Hulk. Its a shame whats happened to it now.

The Avengers 1 splash will go for no less than than $60K despite the composition.

Also the Avengers 6 splash changed hands recently, what did that go for?

Clem..

Red

Sub-Mariner on the original splash of #3 is a separate piece of art... not a stat just drawn on a separate piece of board (he keeps it with the splash). If you view the full page without it there is this huge blank spot where Subby would be. That is until for some insane reason Bechara had some artist recreate it... on the f'in splash! :whatthe:

I'm sure he regrets this b/c it has cut the price of this piece to a fraction of what it would be had it not been done. There is no doubt that would be a $50k+ page.

I also find it amusing that people like to use mysterious initals and drop obscure hints about topics because , I guess, it makes them feel like having "secret" information makes them cool or "in the know". I guess we all have to get our sense of self worth somewhere.

Most likely you don't know what you're talking about.

And in answer to the previous question: When Heritage received the call about the artwork they told M to bring it in for them to see, they then contacted both the police and seller A where an operation was organized in case their suspicions were correct and it was the stolen artwork.

Well you're the fool who said the owners initials were either GD JD or KH. JD is the drummer for SOAD and I thought KH might be Kurt Hammet. If you wanted to keep your little secret safe, you should not have confirmed the initials.