• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stolen Avengers artwork found at garage sale.

65 posts in this topic

I also find it amusing that people like to use mysterious initals and drop obscure hints about topics because , I guess, it makes them feel like having "secret" information makes them cool or "in the know". I guess we all have to get our sense of self worth somewhere.

Bingo! (thumbs u

I used to own the Avengers 3 splash and traded it to Bechara. When I owned it the Sub-Mariner image was a stat firmly fixed to the page with no art underneath. It was a stunning splash with a great image of the Hulk. Its a shame whats happened to it now.

Clem, was the Subby a stat or an original drawing attached to the page? I could have sworn that it was an honest to goodness original drawing. Now to the more important question... why the hell would any sane person do that to this beautiful piece? I always assumed that Bechara had the piece for a while and had it done in the distant past.

I used to own the Avengers 3 splash and traded it to Bechara. When I owned it the Sub-Mariner image was a stat firmly fixed to the page with no art underneath. It was a stunning splash with a great image of the Hulk. Its a shame whats happened to it now.

Clem, was the Subby a stat or an original drawing attached to the page? I could have sworn that it was an honest to goodness original drawing. Now to the more important question... why the hell would any sane person do that to this beautiful piece? I always assumed that Bechara had the piece for a while and had it done in the distant past.

The Subby image on the Avengers 3 splash was a stat (pmt in those days meaning photographic mechanical transfer) attached to the page. The Kirby drawn Sub-Mariner image was taken from a Marvel house ad in Avengers 2, the original art of which does exists and was for sale at Christies in the mid 90s.I knew who the owner was and it was my dream to own both pages. All I know is when it left my house, the original stat was still in place.

Clem...