• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you do?

56 posts in this topic

Roy: Are you being serious? I spent 24 hours with you in a car in the last week and I still don't know how to take this :) :) :)

Surely the buyer is just effing with you...are you being serious? I'm trying to figure out if a penny overrides 5 days of comics bliss.

I'm lost,

Jim

Wow, that reminds of a situation that happened to me about 35 years ago. Back then I hung out at Deli during school hours and played pinball. You know, the table top that had a silver ball bouncing around a tilted floor making all kinds of noise and pretty lights....well....anyway...there were these "rough" looking dudes..kinda' like the way greggy looks...only 4 or 5 that needed change for a quarter so they could play the table next to me. (In thoses days you got 3 plays for a quarter).

So, I gave them a quarter and all I got back was 2 dimes and 4 pennies. Here's what I did....

...I let it go. Figured it was better for my health.

Hoping that helps out. (thumbs u

So i do this forumite a favour. I sell him a pretty big book he needs and he paypals me but he short changes me a penny. And this after a 12 hour conversation on the way back from Chicago in which i explicitly asked him not do. What do I do? I'm stumped.

:censored:

:insane:

toilet.gif

Drive 1300 miles non-stop with a NASA diaper and burn down his trailer!

Seriously considerd it but I've got a soccer game tonite so I'd be too busy.

Wow, that reminds of a situation that happened to me about 35 years ago. Back then I hung out at Deli during school hours and played pinball. You know, the table top that had a silver ball bouncing around a tilted floor making all kinds of noise and pretty lights....well....anyway...there were these "rough" looking dudes..kinda' like the way greggy looks...only 4 or 5 that needed change for a quarter so they could play the table next to me. (In thoses days you got 3 plays for a quarter).

So, I gave them a quarter and all I got back was 2 dimes and 4 pennies. Here's what I did....

Wus.

You need to ask for what is yours. Just don't wait 6 weeks to do it.

I agree. This guy owes me, especially after disrespecting me.

But 35 years later, you still remember not getting that penny back. :baiting:

:censored:

I know, that's what I'm afraid of. It's not the money...it's the principle!!

Hey Roy,

PM me your address and I will mail you 2c . A little extra for pain and suffering.

Doc, I appreciate it but i'm not posting here to get 2c from anyone. If I wanted money I'd have just taken it from MK when we were in Chicago. (shrug)

No. It's just that...well...I feel like I've been taken for granted....as greggy would say: "You got bent over, bub"

sweettattoo.jpg

(Major Kudos to the WC for this lovely pic which depicts how I feel)

R.

To this day, though....I really don't know if they had that penny, or were just trying to screw with me, or were just wondering what I'd do if I noticed. Pretty sure they were dissapointed at how I handled it. And, that's why I handles it the way I did.

Wus.

Hmmm...either that or just being smarter than a group of neanderthals. :/

Hey Roy,

PM me your address and I will mail you 2c . A little extra for pain and suffering.

Doc, I appreciate it but i'm not posting here to get 2c from anyone. If I wanted money I'd have just taken it from MK when we were in Chicago. (shrug)

No. It's just that...well...I feel like I've been taken for granted....as greggy would say: "You got bent over, bub"

sweettattoo.jpg

(Major Kudos to the WC for this lovely pic which depicts how I feel)

R.

No problem. If you feel the need to collect "payment," just let me know. I'll call up Paratrooper and we will go shake the fellow down for you. :makepoint: