• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard Mag prices way off or is it just me?

14 posts in this topic

I picked up this month's wizard mag #144 just for a read and nothing more and found several books that are hot right now and some of them were going down and the others were cold. Some of the books as follows.

Amazing spider man 129 225.00$ (not moving) Yeah right.

Marvel spotlight 5 115.00 (going down!) 893censored-thumb.gif

daredevil 2 through 10 except # 7 all going down(since when do popular silver age go down?

Now the books going up are like old teen titans issues!? Ok, there is a new teen titans series but cmon! Punisher is right around the corner, ebay is jumpin' with this book at really high prices! 600+ for a 9.2? 893whatthe.gif In the same wizard issue, they have a big pic of spotlight 5 and have dealers being quoted" we cant keep em in stock"! Hard to find in high grade too! And the book is going down? Are the people at wizard trying to hoard the copies for themselves? hmmmm...... does anyone else see this?! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I picked up this month's wizard mag #144 just for a read and nothing more and found several books that are hot right now and some of them were going down and the others were cold. Some of the books as follows.

daredevil 2 through 10 except # 7 all going down(since when do popular silver age go down?

Now the books going up are like old teen titans issues!? Ok, there is a new teen titans series but cmon! Punisher is right around the corner, ebay is jumpin' with this book at really high prices! 600+ for a 9.2? 893whatthe.gif In the same wizard issue, they have a big pic of spotlight 5 and have dealers being quoted" we cant keep em in stock"! Hard to find in high grade too! And the book is going down? Are the people at wizard trying to hoard the copies for themselves? hmmmm...... does anyone else see this?! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

No different than they've ever been.

Same Wizard for the past 144 issues.

No different than they've ever been.

Same Wizard for the past 144 issues.

As anyone knows that a good guide to follow is the Overstreet and is incline to go by stardard indicators of price movement through a yearly census which could be through auction, comic cons., dealers sales etc,etc. I believe that the Wizard giude is more like the flavor of the month than a true indicator of the vast majority of real pricing for all the comic-ages whether it be S.A, G.A or M.A.!! sumo.gifmakepoint.gif

Certainly I think that Overstreet is the standard for Golden, Silver and Modern, but Wizard does serve a purpose for Modern comics I think. Whether you agree or disagree with the prices in their index, there is no denying that they do have an impact on Modern book prices, rightly or wrongly

They do have a purpose for modern age books and that I can agree on. I do watch other indicators in the market to make judgement calls as I always have on prices for golden/silver/bronze age books and do recommend others to do the same as a guide is only a guide and nothing more. I do think however, that many people are possibly mislead on older books though through this particular resource. It really just hit me funny when I read in the same book spotlight 5 was super hot according to dealers across the country(as we all Know) and it was going down. Oh well, guess I should just sell my 9.6 spotlight 5 before it gets any colder....

stooges.gif

They do have a purpose for modern age books and that I can agree on. I do watch other indicators in the market to make judgement calls as I always have on prices for golden/silver/bronze age books and do recommend others to do the same as a guide is only a guide and nothing more. I do think however, that many people are possibly mislead on older books though through this particular resource. It really just hit me funny when I read in the same book spotlight 5 was super hot according to dealers across the country(as we all Know) and it was going down. Oh well, guess I should just sell my 9.6 spotlight 5 before it gets any colder....

stooges.gif

Yeah sell it!

As long as you sell it to me. grin.gif

$115.00 done! Dumpin it now before it goes back to cover price! Woooohooohooo! sign-funnypost.gif

Do you take paypal?

I'll make it an even $150, just so everyone's happy. 27_laughing.gif

spectacular spiderman#146 i think listed at $40

It's probably a misprint that was supposed to read $4. It's the beginning of the lame "Inferno" crossover w/ the "demon" Hobgoblin. Chuck has it listed for $3.60 on his site, and on sale for $.90. If it were really a "$40 Book" (lol), you can bet he'd have it priced accordingly.

Chris

Mike, I think wizard magazine is the only magazine that we can say "we read it for the articles" and get anyway with it. acclaim.gif