• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All Star # 44 on eBay All Star # 44 on eBay v. Metro advice needed

14 posts in this topic

Here is another issue of All Star (# 44 the Hollywood issue) I am considering. ComicLink and metropolis have copies in 2.5 Good + for $175 and 4135 respectively. the metro copy has white pages. EBay has a copy for sale for Fine- condition due to light overall wear for $179.99. It has "a small bit of wear and browning of pages." Does the eBay copy appear over graded considering the browning of the pages?

Might go for one of the other copies, not sure.

Thanks!

Here s the link for the eBay copy(with brown pages) for $179.

allstarcomics44.JPG

Here is a copy of the metro G+ copy with white pages for $135.. Any thoughts as to which is the better deal would be greatly appreciated.

AllStar44GoodMetro.jpg

ALL3.backMetro.jpg

I actually like the ragged edge metro copy better....call me crazy, but that edge doesn't even bother me and I think it presents much better than a G+, but the ebay copy doesn't IMO. White pages wins the day.

You're going to read it either way, so I'd go for the one that feels better in hand. water damage, or browning never feels as good as supple white.

cheers

If the pages aren't brittle, which I suspect they might be, then the copy isn't overgraded, especially when you look at all the cgc'd Crippen books that passed for fine or better. It's not my area of expertise but a fine- All Star 44 for 179.00 seems like a great deal, almost too good to be true. The dealer has no negatives, but won't take returns. I personally think that an auction buyer should have a tough time returning a book unless there is outright deception, but this is a buy it now and not an auction, which I believe should be open to returns, I would pass on the ebay auction unless possible brittle pages don't bother you. The met book would have been a beautiful book if not for that mouse chew, but I'd pass on that one too. Save another 150.00 and buy a nicer copy if you have to have that issue. Early on, I bought a lot of low grade junk because I thought the books were scarcer than they really were, had I known better, I would have bided my time and spent more for midgrade.

I would buy the copy from Metro.

I'd ask metro for a deep discount due to mouse chew....

even though I said I liked the copy better....

see ....I can agree with Metro. :jokealert: