• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's Website is this?

64 posts in this topic

just having cash doesnt mean you can have whatever you want! The items may not be for sale at any price! Still have to wait for an opportunity to buy them.

That may be true, but what more does "want". He doesn't have an Action 1 listed on his site, so maybe he needs one of those, but other than that I would say he is pretty much done collecting comic books. He has the highest certified copies of every book he wants.

just having cash doesnt mean you can have whatever you want! The items may not be for sale at any price! Still have to wait for an opportunity to buy them.

That may be true, but what more does "want". He doesn't have an Action 1 listed on his site, so maybe he needs one of those, but other than that I would say he is pretty much done collecting comic books. He has the highest certified copies of every book he wants.

hi

he has an action 1...a beaut of a cgc 6.5 blue label!...

gator

not quite. He has a few "best" copies, but I dare say he's waiting to upgrade his GA keys higher on the "best existing" list. He's only got the best of what was available to him so far. When you can afford the best, and desire them, its the availability that is your only frustration. And its harder to accept than just plain old not being able to afford something...because you CAN, its the waiting that's annoying.

IMO, the biggest book he has is the 9.6 AF15. That may stand up as the one and only of the future #3 top comicbook of all. And since he will "never" get the best Action1 or Tec27, thats the best anyone of us can do in that regard. And IMO - - his Action1 and Tec 27 (while being very nice copies any one of us would kill for...) are a few too many notches down the rankings to be really satisfied with, for a fellow of his means.

ask Action1Kid here if Im not on to something here...

or maybe Roberts IS done for now, because he calculates the price the better copies would cost make his existing copies a much better deal going forward. It's probably better to be into a 500K book for 150K than buy a 700K copy for 1Million today and hope it keeps increasing AND that there will be a buyer!

Rick is it on his site? Anyways I saw where he has

Detective 31 8.0 and Detective 140 9.4.

hello all

his primary copy of tec 27 is in cgc 7.5 blue, and his action 1 in cgc 6.5 blue...those 2 I have seen, but likely not on his site...he also has another tec 27 in cgc 6.0 blue, I think (maybe it is a 6.5, don't remember)...

he has the allentown copy of tec 29 in cgc 9.6, and he "undercopy" is a 7.0 blue, cgc label (I have been trying for more than a year to get it from him! :devil: )

rick

I wonder why he doesn't buy that 9.0 Batman on ComicLink? I read where Steve Geppi can no longer hang with him in auctions. I wonder how many millions of dollars this guy has dropped on books. I would say at least over 4 or 5 million.

images.jpg

he already has an 8.5 bat 1, that is right there with the 9.0 (I think he has the overstreet copy)...and, the 9.0 is a $250K book?, not a $400K book?, so I suspect even folks with unlimited funds, still watch what they spend

rick

ps-geppi could hang with him, if he so desired...

What you think about that All Star #8. How much do you think he paid for it? Over a 100 grand?

More Fun 52 7.5 thats probably close to 100K too. Good luck with that Tec 29. Seems like if he already has a nice copy he would sell the other one to you.

well, since then, I have picked up a nice unrestored tec 29, so I am no longer persuing...he told me he would only trade that tec 29 (again, to folks that have that kind of money, sometimes only other books will pry copies they need out of other collector's hands...so, to him, that under copy tec 29 is "currency"...he is not motivated to sell, but to trade)

I believe the AS 8 was a heritage win, so you could likely look up the price...

rick

That's a REALLY nice collection. And I don't think the issue of "unlimited funds" diminishees it in any way to him. Nor do I think it should to anyone else. The game is just different for people of means. For me, the barrier to the best "available" copy is money. So that's the game I'm playing when I engage in the trade. But, as mentioned by previous posters, his game is that the best copy isn't necessarily available. Which is a different game in itself. (Frankly, a game that's probably more frustrating. Anything I can afford, I can at least get.)

I think the guy should get some big kudos for sharing the books online. I've always gotten irritated with collectors that don't let others see their books, as if trying to increase the value by creating some sort of "mystery." Especially in the situation where the book is the same one you've seen a million times before but just with less creases. lol

Props to him. Nice books.

That's a REALLY nice collection. And I don't think the issue of "unlimited funds" diminishees it in any way to him. Nor do I think it should to anyone else. The game is just different for people of means. For me, the barrier to the best "available" copy is money. So that's the game I'm playing when I engage in the trade. But, as mentioned by previous posters, his game is that the best copy isn't necessarily available. Which is a different game in itself. (Frankly, a game that's probably more frustrating. Anything I can afford, I can at least get.)

I think the guy should get some big kudos for sharing the books online. I've always gotten irritated with collectors that don't let others see their books, as if trying to increase the value by creating some sort of "mystery." Especially in the situation where the book is the same one you've seen a million times before but just with less creases. lol

Props to him. Nice books.

Well said!! :applause:

I mean other than looking at Action1Kids collection I have never seen so many rare ultra high grades

If I am not mistaken, his comic collection consists of about a handful of books...

hi

he has an action 1...a beaut of a cgc 6.5 blue label!...

gator

Rick those books in his "wanted" section that have pictures, are those the ones he currently owns? I saw that Action #1 6.5 and Tec #37 7.5, but I didn't know whether it was his or he was calling out someone to trade with him. Thanks for the help!

-CC

something about a super rich guy having all that stuff makes it not such a big deal to me.

I have always thought that.If price is no concern how much fun is it to collect?There is only so much Ditko OA that I could own.lol

:makepoint::screwy:

Hey Carolina I think its past your bedtime