• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men Ebay Buy

124 posts in this topic

CapFreak is a high school kid collecting SA Marvel. Why rain on his parade and why pizz all over a budding collector? I applaud his taste and enthusiasm. :applause:

When I was his age I was collecting the same type of books. I'm sure a lot of people here were as well.

I don't do a lot of bidding or BINs on Ebay so I don't know what to expect but I think I did pretty well for myself on this last minute snipe.

I purchased this copy of X-Men #14 (1965) on ebay for $16.55.

You may have 'won' it, but are you going to pay for it?

NPB

(shrug)

CapFreak is a high school kid collecting SA Marvel. Why rain on his parade and why pizz all over a budding collector? I applaud his taste and enthusiasm. :applause:

When I was his age I was collecting the same type of books. I'm sure a lot of people here were as well.

Agreed. Humor is one thing, but Deathlok defames the spirit of wonder and excitement that brought most of us to this hobby, before we got obsessed with value and condition! (tsk)

:gossip: And some of older folk ocassionally purchase comics in that condition. And then we read them.

Zipper 68 and John T have got it right I could not say it better. We need people in this Hobby who still apreciate the fact you can enjoy a comic and be exited about the hunt and aquisition of a great Comic even though it is not a slabbed 9.8. We need to remember there are people in this Hobby that collect coverless keys. It is what they can afford, and it makes them happy! So I admire CapFreak and aplaud his enthusiasm as well.

Agreed. Humor is one thing, but Deathlok defames the spirit of wonder and excitement that brought most of us to this hobby, before we got obsessed with value and condition! (tsk)

:gossip: And some of older folk ocassionally purchase comics in that condition. And then we read them.

If there has ever been better custom title opportunity . . .

Deathlok, Defamer of the Spirit of Wonder and Excitement. lol

Everyone please get over yourselves!

I have never seen you make a post about it and flaunt how great you low grade reader is. That's the difference.

Zipper 68 and John T have got it right I could not say it better. We need people in this Hobby who still apreciate the fact you can enjoy a comic and be exited about the hunt and aquisition of a great Comic even though it is not a slabbed 9.8. We need to remember there are people in this Hobby that collect coverless keys. It is what they can afford, and it makes them happy! So I admire CapFreak and aplaud his enthusiasm as well.

Don't be naive.

Here I found another comic for your collecting interests. It will fit in nicely with your other "gems".

sgtfury13f.jpg

How much are you asking?

$179 SHIPPED :acclaim:

How about two shiny 2007 quarters? :insane:

Shame on you Deathkitty. Having fun at the expense of the noob (tsk) You've done stirred the soup and created 8 pages of :baiting: for our Tuesday enjoyment. Not to mention quite possibly hurt the youngster's feelings. While his new pickup might not be aesthetically pleasing (like my new politically correct term for POS?) who are you to sully his new pickup with your taunts and vitrol? As punishment you should have to actually list your POS Sgt Fury #13 in the For Sale Forum and actively try to sell it. Or better yet, since this thread was posted in the wrong area you should have to try to sell it in the Modern section.

Shame on you Deathkitty. Having fun at the expense of the noob (tsk) You've done stirred the soup and created 8 pages of :baiting: for our Tuesday enjoyment. Not to mention quite possibly hurt the youngster's feelings. While his new pickup might not be aesthetically pleasing (like my new politically correct term for POS?) who are you to sully his new pickup with your taunts and vitrol? As punishment you should have to actually list your POS Sgt Fury #13 in the For Sale Forum and actively try to sell it. Or better yet, since this thread was posted in the wrong area you should have to try to sell it in the Modern section.

Never have I read post with this much humor and sarcasm. I'm not sure how to feel.

I wasn't really knocking the noobs purchase. More power to him for picking up a reader for cheap. My problem was the posting of it in a new thread and asking how he had done in scoring a low grade pos. The idea of it was laughable at best. Even, I have bought low grade readers from the dollar bin before.

btw, that Sgt Fury isn't my book. It's on ebay, I just borrowed the scan.

Never have I read post with this much humor and sarcasm. I'm not sure how to feel.

I wasn't really knocking the noobs purchase. More power to him for picking up a reader for cheap. My problem was the posting of it in a new thread and asking how he had done in scoring a low grade pos. The idea of it was laughable at best. Even, I have bought low grade readers from the dollar bin before.

btw, that Sgt Fury isn't my book. It's on ebay, I just borrowed the scan.

JEEZUS

Thankfully you came out clean.

I just had my 179USD punched into my paypal account sending it out.

WHEW...

Well, if that's all this was about, why didn't you just post something like this and get it over with?

Love,

Noob # 525

42549-deathlok2.jpg.0a7d73ff486a69fdccb4dfb97afbad5d.jpg