• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Guess Who" Is At It Again.......

32 posts in this topic

This guy was my favorite (I call him Mr. Serious, and believe me, he is VERY serious!):

"Other points to note: 1. The headlight was originally coloured green - not yellow! 2. The "glass shard" just below and to the right of the headlight was accidentally coloured green in the original as well - not yellow! 3. The "N" in "Action" in the original does not come off the page. Because Golden Age comics are larger than Modern Age comics, the "N" fit in completely. WITH ROOM TO SPARE! 4. You should be able to see two "rocks" or "boulders" falling just above the hood of the car - because Golden Age comics were larger they had more room to draw on! So clearly you have no clue as to what you're talking about here. And I'm surprised you can even put your pants on the right way, tie your own shoes (least not you forget to put them on the right feet) - let alone set up this bogous ebay auction! As I said before... unless you can PROVE WITH AN IMAGE that this is an auction for the ORIGINAL ACTION COMICS #1, then you should end the auction!"

And:

"Because you think you're so funny, I've taken the liberty of reporting this item to the ebay authorities. The item description and title are misleading and a misrepresentation of what is being sold. You ARE NOT selling an authentic original copy of Action Comics #1 but a reprint from 1988, which has a max value, given all missing pieces of this comic, of about $5.00. Just to prove that THIS IMAGE is not the original comic, you've crossed out "DC Comics Inc" and wrote in "National Periodical Publications Co. 1938". DC comics did not even exist in 1938! And any intelligent collector knows that comics must be kept in MOISTURE FREE ENVIRONMENTS (i.e. no steamer trunks!). So unless you actually have a copy of the original Action Comics #1 and can provide a scan for such item, I suggest you edit your description and title as the auction will be ended."

My favorite line?

"And any intelligent collector knows that comics must be kept in MOISTURE FREE ENVIRONMENTS (i.e. no steamer trunks!)."

Oh lordy, that had me speechless (for at least 30 seconds)!

"Because you think you're so funny, I've taken the liberty of reporting this item to the ebay authorities. The item description and title are misleading and a misrepresentation of what is being sold. You ARE NOT selling an authentic original copy of Action Comics #1 but a reprint from 1988...etc....

Paratrooper hm

:baiting:

Dear Mr. Charlton Guy, :hi:

Keep them coming and that was a classic and I can't believe all the fools

that truly believe that work of art isn't the real deal. (shrug)lol

"Because you think you're so funny, I've taken the liberty of reporting this item to the ebay authorities. The item description and title are misleading and a misrepresentation of what is being sold. You ARE NOT selling an authentic original copy of Action Comics #1 but a reprint from 1988, which has a max value, given all missing pieces of this comic, of about $5.00. Just to prove that THIS IMAGE is not the original comic, you've crossed out "DC Comics Inc" and wrote in "National Periodical Publications Co. 1938". DC comics did not even exist in 1938! And any intelligent collector knows that comics must be kept in MOISTURE FREE ENVIRONMENTS (i.e. no steamer trunks!). So unless you actually have a copy of the original Action Comics #1 and can provide a scan for such item, I suggest you edit your description and title as the auction will be ended."

I'm sure e-bay will find a way to remove your beautiful book while every week we see Zero feedback sellers selling AF 15 with stolen scans. doh!

Hang in their Charlton guy, your fan base is building!! (thumbs u

"Mr. Charlon Guy" tells it like it is, posted here for posterity in case the auction gets pulled from ebay.

*Snif* 'Scuse me, I've got something my eye, tcg.

Jack

enjoyin' some biscuits and gravitas

Q: So tell me Mr. Charlon Guy... whats the point behind this joke? Do you not understand the gravity of this item? The actual Action Comics #1 is of grave historical significance to some of us. And yet you mock us? I'm not understanding the point you're trying to get across here? Would you find it funny if someone went on to a prestigious auction site, say... oh I don't know... EBAY!... and decided to auction of a fake of something you yourself would really like to have? You and your friends thing that this is funny. A joke. I think you're all sad. Its sad that your lives are so pathetic, meaningless and dull that you have nothing better to do than make a mockery of other people.

A: This is no joke! This is real! And yes, I DO understand the gravity of this item. And I do understand that it of "grave" historical significance to some people. Thus this auction. See, if you would take your head out of your keister long enough to lighten up, you might begin to comprehend that this here auction is a parody. A parody of the systematic scam artists who proliferate ofn a weekly or daily basis in order to defraud "grave and serious" collectors like yourself. It is a parody of those who are so ill-informed, about even the most famous of comic books, that time after time, rather than doing even the most basic research or even a Google search, go right ahead and list their "Golden Age Gem" as the "real deal". But ironically, this here little parody has turned into much more than that. It has revealed that there are comic collectors who take their "grave and serious" quest for the Holy Grail to the point where they can no longer grasp reality and can not tell a parody and satire from a serious seller. See, you're not alone in this. I have received over a dozen emails from people who are CONVINCED that I am trying to pull one over on everybody. So again, if you would open up your eyes, you would see that I am doing exactly the opposite of that which you accuse me of. My goal is to educate and to bring to the greater public the often ridiculous means that scam sellers will go to in order to defraud others. The fact that you just don't get it really is very, very funny. So if anybody has made a mockery out of you, it is you! But I don't expect you to understand that. As for my life being "pathetic, meaningless and dull"? Well, maybe, but if I can get just one person to take off their ingrained blinders for just once, to get their heads out of their keisters long enough to see the ridiculousness of the blatent frauds and scams that profiferate in this hobby, then maybe it is not so meaningless after all, huh? Best regards, The Charlton Guy.