• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NES Emulator - where can I get one?

20 posts in this topic

Can anyone recommend a good NES emulator for the computer that's preferrably free (although don't mind paying for quality) with a good source of games (although I am really only interested in Leged of Zelda, Dragon Warrior and Final Fantasy) - the other games I like would probably be better suited with a joystick type of gizmo which I don't have. Laptop baby, I don't even use a real mouse!

Any and all tips are appreciated! smile.gif

DAM

Bronty, I have a NES at my parents that just doesn't seem to work anymore! The little "drive" so to speak won't always stay down when I insert the game. And a lot of my games come up with the dreaded green screen. frown.gif

Any suggestions?

I love the old school 8 bit NES! smile.gif

You probably need a new pin connector. That's the most common problem on old NES systems. Brand new ones can be bought for about $7 online. Refer to my attachments. They are better than the originals. Just buy the new part and plug it in. Alternatively, you could just buy a used system for $20 or whatever, but sometimes these have the same problem - if you're reasonably handy with tools you're probably better off opening your Nintendo and replacing the pin connector.

Dan

258141-pin.jpg.4f472043c7bc481fe87d8b6587b5ecb1.jpg

Happy to help. Nothing like actually using the old square, two-button controller!! cloud9.gif

Incidentally, new controllers can also be bought online for like $5 or whatever. The original controllers tend to [!@#%^&^] out after a while.

Can anyone recommend a good NES emulator for the computer that's preferrably free (although don't mind paying for quality) with a good source of games (although I am really only interested in Leged of Zelda, Dragon Warrior and Final Fantasy) - the other games I like would probably be better suited with a joystick type of gizmo which I don't have. Laptop baby, I don't even use a real mouse!

Any and all tips are appreciated! smile.gif

DAM

Easy way to get one is go to kazza.com and just do a search for nes roms. Do a search for nes in general and you are almost bound to find an emu there. I found tons of neo roms, as well as tons of other super nes roms. kazza lite is recommended though. Supposedly no spyware.

good luck laugh.gif