• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

signature series??

31 posts in this topic

Ant-- a Signature Series comic roughly works like this. Mind you, I've not had my signed comics slabbed, just mailed back to me raw. BUT this is pretty much how it goes...

Scenerio #1:

I have a copy of ASM 300 that I bought from the newsstand as a child. I mail it (unslabbed) to one of the CGC witnesses who will be attending a convention where Todd McFarlane will be present. This CGC witness has Todd sign it and is able to verify the legitimacy of the signature. The witness then submits it for slabbing along with the proper verfication documentation of the signature. Weeks later, you get a slab just like Deathlok has provided

Scenerio #2:

You wait in line for the signature and a CGC witness is up front waiting to verify that the signature is real. Only difference is YOU are in line and the witness is already up front waiting for you. Once you get the comic signed and witnessed, next time you see it will be when it comes back graded in the above mentioned slab.

If you buy a book that is signed, but not in a SS, there's no guarantee it's 100% legitimate. Even COAs can be easily printed up on a nice printer to accompany a fake signature, so my advice is DON'T pay more for a signed comic than you would its unsigned counterpart UNLESS it's SS.

I have a CGC SS Batman The Cult 9.8 Wrightson (Don Rosa Collection) that is very reasonable...I know this isnt a selling thread, but I know I prefer to get SSd books versus raw signed books...IMO

Mauve = A flamboyant witness took the comic to see the Bird Cage where it got signed

Paul Litch swears it was a one time thing.

Yup, that's the only time I'll ever be that flamboyant. :blush:

Maybe.

I have a CGC SS Batman The Cult 9.8 Wrightson (Don Rosa Collection) that is very reasonable...I know this isnt a selling thread, but I know I prefer to get SSd books versus raw signed books...IMO

that, to me is the best part of the CGC service. the witness.

takes away all worries about the authenticity of the sig.

until cloning is a bit more advanced anyway.

Mauve = A flamboyant witness took the comic to see the Bird Cage where it got signed

Paul Litch swears it was a one time thing.

Yup, that's the only time I'll ever be that flamboyant. :blush:

Maybe.

:signfunny:

ok got a question!

was at my local shop today and showing them the grading guide(which they didnt even know egsisted) and asked if they had any sig series they wanted to sell. they told me they have signed copies from a dc afiliate. diamond force sealed with coa. i told them what all have told me in this post and they were baffled. who is diamond force and would cgc recognize them enough to get sig series?

i cant even find any info on them! but coming from a comic store that didnt know the OS grading guide was out doesnt suprize me. but i did get all my lenores!

ok got a question!

was at my local shop today and showing them the grading guide(which they didnt even know egsisted) and asked if they had any sig series they wanted to sell. they told me they have signed copies from a dc afiliate. diamond force sealed with coa. i told them what all have told me in this post and they were baffled. who is diamond force and would cgc recognize them enough to get sig series?

no. Again, unless a CGC witness is there to actually watch the person sign, it will not get a Signature Series label.

Regardless of COA, notary, etc. There has to be a witness to the signature.

ok got a question!

no. Again, unless a CGC witness is there to actually watch the person sign, it will not get a Signature Series label.

:golfclap:

ok got a question!

:golfclap:
just being helpful again. :acclaim: