• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chicago Comic Shops

26 posts in this topic

Chicago Comics has one wall of old comics otherwise I found very little older material....

They have one wall of major keys, but there are also thousands of back issue comics in the back. But yes, they are mainly known for there TPB, indy, and new comic selection.

Worth checking out for sure!

If you are up in the Evanston area there's a nice shop there called Comix Revolution. They don't have much in back issues but they have an amazing selection of alternative and independent titles as well as comic-related magazines, fanzines, etc. I don't buy much modern stuff but I enjoy stopping by there when I'm in the area and browsing through the new stuff just to see what they have. Good TPB and graphic novel selection too.

I also have to give a thumbs up to Chicaco Comics on Clark Street downtown. I have stopped by there multiple times and dug through their back issue drawers in the back of the shop. I found a handful of great beater/reader pre-hero books and talked them into a discount for buying the bunch (I could be wrong but I got the feeling they don't do a lot of haggling on prices). And the store is just packed and packed with stuff (toys, statues, busts, comic-related paraphernalia of all kinds).

When are you gonna be in the area? hm

I'm in Chicago right now. I'm staying right near Wicker Park. We got here on Saturday and hung out in Millenium Park.

On Sunday we went to Moonshine's for breakfast (thumbs u . Then we went for a drive. We went to the White Sox Game and had a box. They got their brains beat out by the BoSox :frustrated: but it was fun :) .

I stopped in Chicago Comics It was excellent! (thumbs u But they didn't have just what I was looking for. I did pick up this sweet pre-hero Strange Tales for $20.We then went to look at Soldier Field and we watched the next Batman movie be filmed.

Monday, we went to Bennigans on Michigan for lunch and then went to Graham Cracker Comics. It was pretty bad. Had one glass ase of good stuff and the rest was Bronze?copper crappola and Over-Priced mid-grade Silver... :( We went to the Art Institute of Chicago which was fun. Had dinner at The Weiner Circle (thumbs u and dessert at Margies Ice Cream (thumbs up :) (thumbs u

Thats all so far.