• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SUCKER OR SAVVY

52 posts in this topic

after neatstuff put what, 20,000 of them up for sale, I don't think they're even $1 bin books anymore. for 10 years before then they had been pretty standard in dollar convention boxes in NYC. neatstuff (who runs the big apple conventions) was giving 1 copy away free at the door per admission as well for a while.

sorry if this was already said in the thread, didn't feel like reading all 5 pages. they're not really $5 books, not anymore, but you didn't pay a lot for them.

amazing that people pay that much, but i guess you're right. i see one sold for an $8.99 BIN in the last month, but another couldn't even get a 95 cent opening bid! I guess there's a sucker born every....

There seem to be fewer up on ebay now that there were 6-12 months ago. Seemed like there were dozens of them not even getting 99 cent bids back then.

In any event, I would not expect to get $5 a pop for them, certainly not the vast majority of those 200. There's a reason he got 200 for $93/shipped!

I guess there are some people who don't know that this was subject to massive warehouse finds and use OPG as some sort of reference. (And I believe Carbonaro's palette was the nn army base edition too) Of course, when I bought a copy of Major Inipak Space Ace when I first started out on ebay in the late 90s I was all excited that I had scored a high grade 1950's book for under $10 shipped.....

Of course, when I bought a copy of Major Inipak Space Ace when I first started out on ebay in the late 90s I was all excited that I had scored a high grade 1950's book for under $10 shipped.....

Don't even ask me how much I paid for a "Captain Gallant" ... :pullhair:

Yeah prices seem to be all over on this book But none seem to go for more than 8.00 if you are lucky.When it comes right down to it yes it was a impulse buy, But what the heck I will sit on them for a few years then figure it out.

Of course, when I bought a copy of Major Inipak Space Ace when I first started out on ebay in the late 90s I was all excited that I had scored a high grade 1950's book for under $10 shipped.....

I certainly wouldn't complain too much about that price. Especially considering that some dealers were often getting a lot more for this book since bidders were confusing this book with Space Ace which was worth several hundred dollars in the guide. doh!

I assumed it must have been pretty easy to make this mistake since Overstreet had the Space Ace listing in the regular part of the guide while Major Inpak Space Ace was listed only in the Promotional Section of the guide which nobody would ever bother with when looking for the value of a book. :tonofbricks:

Big win for the dealers and a big big loss for the collectors.

Don't even ask me how much I paid for a "Captain Gallant" ... :pullhair:

Another high grade "rarity" that turned out to be a non-starter. I'd forgotten about that book....

I bought my copy of Major inipak at a comic store in California for $3....probably still overpaid....but at least I have one....like every other GA collector. I still don't have a captain gallant.....who wants to ship me a copy to reduce their inventory?

If I do decide to sell that would probably get me the most in the quickest time. The book may not be as prevelant overseas. Still curious though on the NN edition of this comic which is my understanding the lower printed and only shipped to Army PX Bases.

If my memory is not failing me completely, I think if you do a board search for this issue you will find that someone had a huge load of them. Multiple thousands in the original shipping cases.

:hi: That was me. I was selling them in unopened cases of 300 for $75. I had actually been thinking about maybe putting a few boxes up in my eBay store this weekend.