• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Is Greggy??
2 2

237 posts in this topic

Ok forgive my ignorance please as I am new to these boards. My question is a simple one. I hear references to GREGGY all the time. No matter what topic, GREGGY comes up. Who is GREGGY? Why is he always the topic of discussion. What relevance is GREGGY. Can someone please describe This GREGGY and why so many people are seemingly obsessed with GREGGY? (shrug)

He's magic. Whole lotta magic.

Sexy magic even... :cloud9:

In short, shorts

lol

Got a replacement. Posted it in This Week thread. So all's well that ends well :grin:
Replacement from whom? :busy:

Bob Storms. He had a 8.0 Bethlehem on his site, fortunately.

So, did you actually lose the other one? Arex took it

Would be better without the lame city noted on it.

DC4.jpg

2 Comments:

1 (worship)

2 You're just jealous because nothing of note comicwise ever came out of Van

Vancouver collection (shrug)

Yes, the Vancouver Collection that Geppi had recently auctioned off earlier this month on Heritage.

Going forward.......how about the still intact Chinatown Collection which is going to be included in the upcoming Pedigree book by Steve Ritter and his gang? (shrug)

I saw some of the junky 9.4 and above Four Color ones. Now if Pat would show me the really good books. Not everyone is privileged like you and was able to see everything. :(

I have actually only seen the Four Colour ones also. Can't really complain about 9.6's and 9.8's from the 1950's though.

Not sure if I will get around to seeing the earlier GA stuff. Pat wants to arrange something, but it's really not that easy when you are talking about 1,300 books. And it's really not the same as seeing them raw which I already did several years ago when he first got them from the OO's son-in-law.

If I remember correctly, some small runs of all the DC's, Nedors, and Timely's mixed in with a lot of the non-super hero books. Seeing books that have been slabbed is just not the same as being able to hold, touch, and smell them. Especially since I already have scans of all of the books from Pat along with a list of all of the CGC grades from Steve Ritter a few months ago.

Hmmmh yes.... The germ of understanding this, GREGGY takes root. Images such as these seem to help. But to fully understand the essence of GREGGY. And what he truly means to the community more Images are needed. Please help as I truly wish to understand GREGGY.

Anything Bronze Age in 9.4 or better....errr...make that 9.6 or better....he's a good source for the book...if he's got a better copy and it's a DC. :/

A wizard in using "gremlins" to keep his post count up.

Flame wars in the past with Bugaboo legendary.

Rumored ..... a greggy fascination with Wonder Woman...has yet to be proved. If asked, he will deny, deny, deny....

Has little use for Marvels...ok, some use...but not very much.

Also rumored...has garnered somewhat of a Borat influence as he calls many of the 9.8's he owns as "eas nice". :grin:

Greggy is....the wind beneath my wings. :acclaim:
:blush:

More like the wind that breaks beneath my cheeks.

:devil:

Was that humidity I just felt :whatthe:

What did it smell like?

Greggy is....the wind beneath my wings. :acclaim:
:blush:

More like the wind that breaks beneath my cheeks.

:devil:

Was that humidity I just felt :whatthe:

What did it smell like?

:banana:

:(