• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hero Initiative Charity Sketchbook & Auction - 3 Minute Sketches

2 posts in this topic

As many of you know, I've spent the last few years (with help from my good friend Dan Cusimano) collecting sketches of 3 minutes or less duration from hundreds of artists. I've donated all of the pieces to the Hero Initiative which is publishing them as a book and selling the originals at the Baltimore Comic Con, all proceeds from the book and auction goto the Hero Initiative (formerly ACTOR) to benefit comic professionals in need.

The book is out in next week – (see Previews). It is 112 pages with over 100 artists including: Art Adams, Neal Adams, Garry Leach, Sergio Aragones, Howard Chaykin, Frank Cho, Dave Gibbons, Gene Ha, J.G. Jones, Mike Kaluta, Josh Middleton, Mike Mignola, Terry Moore, Bill Morrison, George Perez, Andrew Robinson, John Romita Sr. and Jr., Joe Rubinstein, Tim Sale, Walter Simonson, Joe Sinnott, Michael Turner, Matt Wagner, Bernie Wrightson. Cover price will be $12.99 with all proceeds benefiting the Hero Initiative.

Big News: on August 31, 2007, there will be a gallery showing of the sketchbook in Los

Angeles at the Secret Headquarters where we will sell three pieces -- Leonardo by Kevin Eastman, Iron Man by Bob Layton, and Captain America by Bill Morrison.

The rest of the book – 139 pieces – will be on display and WILL BE SOLD at the Baltimore Comic Con. You can see all 142 here: http://cafurl.com?i=5669. They will be sold by silent auction ending on Sunday except for the following pieces which will be sold LIVE during the Baltimore Comic Con (don't worry, we will still allow for proxy bids): Live auctions will be done with pieces by: John Romita, John Romita Jr., Andy Kubert, Sergio Aragones, Frank Cho, Barry Kitson, Mike Mignola, Phil Noto, Mike Oeming, Eric Powell, and possibly Ayers.

If you cannot attend, please contact Joe Davidson at yensid4disney@gmail.com who is accepting absentee/proxy bids. He is the only person who can accept proxy bids.

Please contact me if you have any questions at all: michael.f.finn@gmail.com. And, c'mon up and introduce yourself to me at the Baltimore Comic Con – I will be wearing a t-shirt reproduction of the 3-Minute Sketchbook's cover.

Michael

A few artists agreed to do multiple sketches so we have listed the sketches that are not in the book on eBAY. Right now, Garry Leach and Jim Starlin are on eBay and later tonight, Tim Sale, Jim Cheung, Bob Budiansky, Juan Doe and Al Bigley pieces will be joining them.

My seller name is mfinn123 and here are the links to the first 2 pieces:

Garry Leach: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290154763830

Jim Starlin: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290154764484

Michael