• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Con -FORUM DINNER MENU--seperate thread for beer, food and $.

89 posts in this topic

Okay guys...

I'm back from my NY trip, and reading the thread posted last week, I'm going to assume that we're all okay with the wife and I hosting this years dinner party.

Trying to keep this affordable for everyone, and while still catering to various tastes, I will begin building a menu that will hopefully be in everyone's budget.

What I need on THIS thread is a name and body count commitment from board members, and if I'm guessing we're able to have a min. of 25 to 30 members attend, I'll bet I can keep this to $15 or $22 per. person.

So take a look at what I'm thinking below for food...drop your name with body count your bringing...leave a suggestion for food if you have one...and by the end of the day, I should be able to say if it's $15 or $20 per. head and I'll leave a paypal addy to shoot greenbacks to! I've gotta order the keg today, though.

That will cover our costs for food, booze, beer, rental of table and chairs if need be.

I'll order the beer keg today, and I'm thinking either Sam Adams or Flying Dog?

Consensus?

I can also pick up a variety pack of Sarnack in bottles.

FOOD....

I've got some ideas.

There's a GREAT italian eatery around the corner from my house that can cater.

One of the specialties is crabmeat stuffed ravioli in a pink cream sauce.

It's to die for. Good stuff.

I'm thinking a few things...I'll go out on a limb and say your typical hotdogs and hamburgs CAN be provided...it is a BBQ. But that's basic stuff. If you guys want it, say the word. I'd like to do you one better.

HOWEVER...I do have about 30 or so Salings Hotdogs, a Buffalo NY specialty that I can throw on the grill.

Looking at some stuff on the sample menus online from the resturaunt up the street, I'd like to suggest:

Caesar Salad

Crabcakes

Crab stuffed ravioli

Bruschetta

Lasagna (the wife is making this, and some garlic italian bread!)

Sausage & Peppers

WINGS!

Pulled pork (for sandwhiches, of course)

Chicken Marsalla with baked pini (ziti)

Dessert:

Assorted Italian cookies and pastries

Homemade apple pie (I'm making this...best pie ever, trust me)

Sticking to this menu...I just called the restaruant, along with buns and stuff for sandwhiches, I can pull this off for $22 per. person.

Let's try to get as many people as we can!

Donut, bring your kids...I've got a moonbounce!

Paypal is rasmus@timespell.com

If there is someone that will be able to shuttle me back to my hotel (Pirate and I are staying at the same hotel) please count me in.

LMK who I need to make the donations out to or can I pay my share with a modern 9.8 slab?

Just got off the phone with a shuttle service...

They can bring people in a 14 passenger shuttle bus for a grand total of $210,

so if 14 people need a lift, you're looking at $15 per person.

They'd have to pick up at my place at 11 PM Saturday night to bring you guys back or it's $25 on top of that after 11 PM

SO...guys...talk amongst yourselves...I'll go out on a limb and say that they'd charge the same to bring to you to my place if you don't have transport...and those of you who would typically drive but (and I'm begging you) DONT get blasted and leave my place...I had a guy at a party last year get housed and we had to tackle his keys away...

Those of you who would drive out, might want to consider getting a bunch together, then pooling your money for a trip out and back.

Just a suggestion.

I did find a cab company local to me that could fit 4 people and charge $70, but then that's a little more like $18 per person to go back.

So there's lots of different options.

If there are a bunch of people coming who want to be designated drivers and can give board members a lift back to the hotel in Baltimore, please post as well.

thanks!

put me down Rich and I'm all for the shuttle service. Is that $15 round trip, will they drop at convention center on way back or out near airport?

As for food, seafood is the best for me, beer doesn't matter as I will be taking it easy with a long day on Sunday.

ahh hm, starting to get a little pricey but I appreciate you going through all the trouble rich. I'll have to do some thinking on it.

Pirate, I would be happy to give you a ride from the con center

(as well as anyone else I might be able to fit in my Honda element) (thumbs u

Rich, please add me to the list of those attending! And my vote is for Flying Dog :headbang:

Food doesn't matter to me as much since I'll eat anything :grin:

Thanks again for setting this up! Now I just need to figure out where I'm staying that night....

--Steve

Pirate,

I think so long as there's people driving, you'll be able to find someone to ride with.

I'm only throwing the alternative of a shuttle BACK to the hotel in case people get too smashed to get behind the wheel.

I'm sure there's going to be enough people with cars willing to toss you in the trunk and give you a lift :)

i will be there. food is whatever is easiest to prepare and clean up; i'm not altogether picky, since there won't be a waitstaff to do the dirty work

Pirate, I would be happy to give you a ride from the con center

(as well as anyone else I might be able to fit in my Honda element) (thumbs u

Rich, please add me to the list of those attending! And my vote is for Flying Dog :headbang:

Food doesn't matter to me as much since I'll eat anything :grin:

Thanks again for setting this up! Now I just need to figure out where I'm staying that night....

--Steve

I could use a lift.

Im in and will send payment soon.

As far as food, well RIch (and others) youve seen me, so ya know Im not too picky :gossip:

However, Crab-Cakes and crab stuffed Ravioli souds :cloud9:

Beer, ill probably just pick up a couple of 22s of Miller Lite as Ill go ahead and vounteer to drive on the way home :acclaim:

Hey Guys!

Consider the totla $22 per. person.

Kids free (donut!)

That cost should cover everything.

I'm getting the cost on 1/4 keg of Sam Adams tomorrow, but I think we might just go for TWO 1/6 kegs...one each of Flying Dog and Dogfish Head 60-min IPA.

If anyone needs to ride out with me or my buddy Russ, let me know.

I'm going to leave the show a little early, around 5:15 so I can get home to set up.

Party starts as soon as you get here.

Show ends at 6 PM so, figure 6:30 or 7 PM and we'll tap the kegs.