• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your all-time favorite Neal Adams Covers?

2,344 posts in this topic

Fave Avengers (but check out the spectacular interior work on ish 93):

Avengers95.jpg

Love this cover too. Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade here but, CGC is mistaken, that's a Buscema cover. The Palmer inks are what make it look like Adams. Unless, of course, it was actually inked by Adams. Doubtful. The real question is: Sal or John? Looks like John.

Beautiful book though. Tough to find in grade.

Love this cover too. Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade here but, CGC is mistaken, that's a Buscema cover. The Palmer inks are what make it look like Adams. Unless, of course, it was actually inked by Adams. Doubtful. The real question is: Sal or John? Looks like John.

Looks like foreground Adams & background characters Buscema.

That is a terrific Superman 233. Ever thought of slabbing that one?

hm well the only reason I would see to slab a comic is to sell a comic - since I don't plan on selling that one for a long time if ever (its the Monterey Copy and I like to bring those back home :grin:) I really don't see a reason to pay Steve and the gang tell me what I already know...

DCSpecial6.jpg

Hey...that looks like my copy... hm

Jim

Jim that could very well be the case as my copy is Raw (its really nice too) but back in Canada - so I pulled a copy I was looking at before I bought mine off of Sulipa.

It is my Favorite non-superhero, just has so much of that Pre-Code EC Weird Science feel to it. Almost like if we ever wondered "what might have been has SOTI never been published and EC kept going long enough to have Adams work for them." DC Special 6 allows us to see that What If :grin: for a brief moment.

Jim

Jim that could very well be the case as my copy is Raw (its really nice too) but back in Canada - so I pulled a copy I was looking at before I bought mine off of Sulipa.

It is my Favorite non-superhero, just has so much of that Pre-Code EC Weird Science feel to it. Almost like if we ever wondered "what might have been has SOTI never been published and EC kept going long enough to have Adams work for them." DC Special 6 allows us to see that What If :grin: for a brief moment.

Thank you awe4one and jbud73. This book just made my short list. That Adams cover is fantastic, but the Kane art seals the deal.