• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guy with 4 feedback bidding up primo FF art

17 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fantastic-Four-123-SPLASH-PAGE-Big-John-Buscema_W0QQitemZ280148312227QQihZ018QQcategoryZ3985QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fantastic-Four-51-Jack-Kirby-This-Man-This-Monster-Page_W0QQitemZ270160943987QQihZ017QQcategoryZ14010QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Not saying that bidder 5***e is not legit but all this protecting the identity of the bidder is sure making me nervous. This guy is already 20K in on 2 irems and I haven't looked, but I bet he has bids on some of the other Kirby FF art.

I can't see how shielding identity is helpful to either the seller or the buyer.

I would much rather have the 2nd chance offers from Africa anyday.

Clem..

Now maybe this individual just came into a lot of money and he wants to get into the hobby?

It could happen.

Why just the other day I got an email from a nice fellow in Nigeria offering to split 10 million dollars with me ... ;)

Whoa! hes also leading the Spidey McFarlane pg at $7,500 K.

This potential buyer has got some serious $$$$$!

Clem..

how can you tell what else he is bidding on. when I click on his name all I get a is a text listing of what else he is bidding on but no direct links

Clem..

how can you tell what else he is bidding on. when I click on his name all I get a is a text listing of what else he is bidding on but no direct links

I didn't, I just looked at the 3 highest priced auctions in the OA section and notice he was leading them all.

Thats nearly $30K just on those 3 auctions alone. he must have read my thread on what to do with £30K (:-)

Clem...

Clem..

I didn't, I just looked at the 3 highest priced auctions in the OA section and notice he was leading them all.

Thats nearly $30K just on those 3 auctions alone. he must have read my thread on what to do with £30K (:-)

Clem...

lol good one. But seriously that's insane

Clem..

Clem...

Understood

Well this guy is starting to behave like someone who is messing about. He has retracted his bid on the FF123 splash taking it down from $10K to $3K!!!

Man if I was the seller of the FF 51 page i would be very wary as he is leading the bidding. Did he win the McFarlane Spidey page yesterday?

Clem...

Well this guy is starting to behave like someone who is messing about. He has retracted his bid on the FF123 splash taking it down from $10K to $3K!!!

Man if I was the seller of the FF 51 page i would be very wary as he is leading the bidding. Did he win the McFarlane Spidey page yesterday?

Clem...

Clem,

This is KRAZY! The McFarlane ended without the reserve being met, but, now we can see this bidders actual screen name, which is rushmore456:

http://qurls.com?i=3032

Check out his avitar from the eBay My World page:

http://myworld.ebay.com/rushmore456/

And, he just canceled his bid on the FF 51 page!

Best,

Clem...

Clem,

This is KRAZY! The McFarlane ended without the reserve being met, but, now we can see this bidders actual screen name, which is rushmore456:

http://qurls.com?i=3032

Check out his avitar from the eBay My World page:

http://myworld.ebay.com/rushmore456/

And, he just canceled his bid on the FF 51 page!

Best,

I was watching that page.. I cant remember it mentioning a Reserve?

Wasn't rushmore one of the handles of Krazy Kat here on the Boards?? Would make sense.

Hari

Yes it was. And actions like this just put more credibility into him just being a total and less into his martyred misunderstood collector arguement.

and since it is a long holiday weekend and the mods are relaxing somewhere, I expect his dumbazz to show up in some new incarnation of the same old joke

Wasn't rushmore one of the handles of Krazy Kat here on the Boards?? Would make sense.

Hari

Yes it was. And actions like this just put more credibility into him just being a total and less into his martyred misunderstood collector arguement.

and since it is a long holiday weekend and the mods are relaxing somewhere, I expect his dumbazz to show up in some new incarnation of the same old joke

I was watching that page.. I cant remember it mentioning a Reserve?

Ares, you are correct, the McFarlane auction did not have a reserve! Even though Rushmore has retracted some of his bids on other auctions, he did win the McFarlane page. I apologize for any confusion that I may have caused.

Best,

This bidder was also involved in the Miller DD page although his bid didn't make a difference to the final out come. As for the FF 51 page all he has suceeded in doing is outing the 2nd highest bidders max bid (short $1K). The same for the FF 123 page although the difference between $10K & $3K .. Well put it this way. I wouldn't want to be the seller of that page right now.

Lets hope he pays up for the McFarlane page.

Clem...

Clem,

I have to agree with you 100%. If I were Chris Parente, the eBay seller on that Buscema page, then I would be extremely irritated. MtRushmore456/KrazyKat exposed his reserve price at $10K and then retracted. Chris has had some good success with his recent auctions. While he has pricing on his material at the high end, it has still moved. Chris does not have a history of pricing like Steve Donnelly. So, I now digress....

Years ago, the message boards on Yahoo made a joke about how some people deliberately bid an insane amount on Donnelly's insane auction reserves. They would then retract the bid just to out the ridiculousness of Donnelly's skewed market perception for his artwork. If you remember those days, Donnelly hardly ever sold a page on eBay. For every 10 pages he listed, he would typically sell one. I am sure that he made eBay quite happy with all those listing fees. He earned that reputation quite well then. However, I have noticed over the last couple of years that he has stopped listing reserve auctions, and he now lists with a BIN auction.

Ciao!

PRC

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

Follow up on the guy with 4 feedback, posted on Comicart-l.. Clem

Posted by: "Yosemitesam46@aol.com" Yosemitesam46@aol.com gmjm1946

Tue Sep 4, 2007 8:25 pm (PST)

Hello List,

Well that lurker here using email _nasdaq456@yahoo.com_

(mailto:nasdaq456@yahoo.com) won my spiderman auction and has yet to answer to any of my emails.

It looks like he queered my auction.

This was the same guy who was getting on peoples nerves on the list using

alias and what not well his real name is

Matthew Reischer

This is the guy who claimed to own romita covers and this and that. Well as

it turns out his brother owns some nice pieces and from what I hear is a real

nice guy but this fellow matthew is the exact opposite.

In a couple days I plan on leaving negative feedback and thought the list

should know for it they see rushmore456 bid on one of their auctions well you

have been warned

thanks,

Matthew