• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

12¢ VFs at 50% of Guide

357 posts in this topic

Jeez, are you guys hitting the refresh button 10 times a minute to get these books?

Talk about going fast!

I thought we ruled against this "quick reply" stuff and had to actually quote the message and scan?

Jeez, are you guys hitting the refresh button 10 times a minute to get these books?

Talk about going fast!

I thought we ruled against this "quick reply" stuff and had to actually quote the message and scan?

Never heard of that procedure. It doesn't matter to me though how a book is replied to. What is the call on this...???

Okay folks, I may be opening a can of worms, but go back and clock in the referring link toi Foolkiller's posts, and he's replying to other books.

Like buying Av 50 by replying to a Avengers 49 post and buying Av 49 off an Avengers 43 post.

That's why I *thought* we required a full quote to stay away from this type of BS.

I'm not aware of such a rule. But then I don't monitor things all that carefully in that thread stickied.

It wouldn't be a big deal if you were actually replying to the posts of the books for sale, rather than just "quick replying" them in.

That's what caused all the furor in one of Nic's threads.

Okay folks, I may be opening a can of worms, but go back and clock in the referring link toi Foolkiller's posts, and he's replying to other books.

Like buying Av 50 by replying to a Avengers 49 post and buying Av 49 off an Avengers 43 post.

That's why I *thought* we required a full quote to stay away from this type of BS.

I'm sure Brian is not doing anything intentionally wrong, but I can understand your point.

I'm not aware of such a rule. But then I don't monitor things all that carefully in that thread stickied.

It wouldn't be a big deal if you were actually replying to the posts of the books for sale, rather than just "quick replying" them in.

That's what caused all the furor in one of Nic's threads.

Also, if the seller in these threads objects to my methodology then I will likewise stop as well.

that's true. I don't really care if that's the rule, and I'm more than happy to forfeit any winnings if there is some sort of official ruling. Otherwise, then I'm going to keep going with my methods.

It's obvious that Brian(Foolkiller) is just trying to buy these books as fast as he can because of the pricing and the way we "buy and sell" through the internet. I don't think he should "give up" any books...........

yes but JC -- was there ever an "official" decision on it. If there is a rule then I'll happily adhere to it.

No - you're seeing the books, typing in the book and issue number and the :takeit:

Nothing wrong with that.

Also, if the seller in these threads objects to my methodology then I will likewise stop as well.

Hey, the problem was that EVERYONE was pulling this BS in a few hot selling threads, and it turned into total chaos.One guy started it, then two more, then ten, then everyone. No one knew up from down at one point.

That's why you need common sense in this kind of thing, otherwise it's anarchy.