• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

12¢ VFs at 50% of Guide

357 posts in this topic

He's beat me out of a couple books, but I don't object to this method.

I really don't care about these books, as I don't collect SA, but it turned into pure madness when everyone started pulling the same trick in some other threads.

I don't know if it ever got formally adopted, but I remember agreement that the referring post must link up to the for sale post, but I'll confirm with Arch whether it's going to be officially added.

I don't see it in the official rules post. (shrug)

Is the :takeit: in the official rules?

hm now that you mention it, I don't see anything as to how to buy books. Best that perhaps all sales are postponed until a committee can study how to best buy books. Looks like selling is still a work in progress too. Where are the lawyers?!?

I really don't care about these books, as I don't collect SA, but it turned into pure madness when everyone started pulling the same trick in some other threads.

I don't know if it ever got formally adopted, but I remember agreement that the referring post must link up to the for sale post, but I'll confirm with Arch whether it's going to be officially added.

hm now that you mention it, I don't see anything as to how to buy books. Best that perhaps all sales are postponed until a committee can study how to best buy books. Looks like selling is still a work in progress too. Where are the lawyers?!?

Buying all the books! lol

Brian IS a lawyer...!!!!

Buying all the books! lol

Well, I'm just glad that we got people like Joe C here willing to do the real tough nitty gritty of making sure most of the rules are followed. I can't imagine what this place would be like without people like him.

Everything posted so far is sold.

I haven't had any problem following who is buying what, and have started putting the buyers name beside the SOLD in each auction post. Hopefully this will keep everything clear.

Mike

Or is it confusing because the reply is to a different book?

What happened in Nic's thread was this certain people were keeping multiple browsers open, refreshing one while posting a "quick reply" in the other.

It turned into a real zoo, with multiple people replying within seconds, editing messages, and trying all sorts of BS, and since the quick reply links up to whatever post was in the first browser, it got some other people steamed.

Essentially, it meant that the person was replying to a for sale issue that had yet been posted in his browser window, as the OP relied retroactively without the need to refresh that window.

If you're the only one playing that trick, I guess it's fine if the seller doesn't care, but once multiple people start in, have fun. lol

huh? :confused:

Browser 1 - open to this thread, but not current - the I'll Take It icon is preloaded in the "Quick Reply" window at the bottom.

Browser 2 - Open and refreshing constantly for new books

When a new book comes up in Browser 2, buyer switches to Browser 1 and quickly types in Av43 and hits Submit. It's incredibly quick, but that post in Browser 1 links up the last message loaded, which is why it refers to an older post.

Get it?

Or is it confusing because the reply is to a different book?

What happened in Nic's thread was this certain people were keeping multiple browsers open, refreshing one while posting a "quick reply" in the other.

It turned into a real zoo, with multiple people replying within seconds, editing messages, and trying all sorts of BS, and since the quick reply links up to whatever post was in the first browser, it got some other people steamed.

Essentially, it meant that the person was replying to a for sale issue that had yet been posted in his browser window, as the OP relied retroactively without the need to refresh that window.

If you're the only one playing that trick, I guess it's fine if the seller doesn't care, but once multiple people start in, have fun. lol

huh? :confused:

Browser 1 - open to this thread, but not current - the I'll Take It icon is preloaded in the "Quick Reply" window at the bottom.

Browser 2 - Open and refreshing constantly for new books

When a new book comes up in Browser 2, buyer switches to Browser 1 and quickly types in Av43 and hits Submit. It's incredibly quick, but that post in Browser 1 links up the last message loaded, which is why it refers to an older post.

Get it?

Got it.......I'm going to start doing that now!!(just kidding). lol

:takeit: all forthcoming books :jokealert:

That could be ugly. Imagine what a seller would list.

Time for double guide pricing...,,